What does Drive Warning indicate?

jars23

Greetings,
I have set several alerts for the sensors of my SATA Hard Drive.
A while ago the Drive Warning alert went off, it went from 0 to 1. And the Summary page shows a yellow warning indicator next to the affected Drive. See attached photos.
What warning does this indicate? Too many bad sectors? something else?
Is this a good gauge to start thinking about replacing this Hard Drive?

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• Sensors.jpg
    Sensors.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Summary.jpg
    Summary.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 61
Right below the Warning line it tells you what the actual problem is: Reallocated Sector Count = 8. That means bad sectors are appearing and they have replaced (relocated) for a reserved spare space.

Right below the Warning line it tells you what the actual problem is: Reallocated Sector Count = 8. That means bad sectors are appearing and they have replaced (relocated) for a reserved spare space.
Woah. I didn't notice that line there. Okay so, is 8 reallocated sectors a significant number for panic? I mean is it an established threshold that means I should replace my Hard drive due to imminent disaster?

I don't think there's any threshold that would say what's critical or not. I'd say it depends on the rate how fast this number will grow.
Anyway, I'd be cautious with the drive, perform regular backups and be ready for a replacement.

Back