Which is te purpose of "notification distance" in alerts

That determines how frequently the alarm is triggered when a value attains the alarm threshold.
When a value reaches the alarm threshold, HWiNFO will trigger the defined alarm. And when the value is still in the threshold range, the next alarm will be signalized not sooner than the "notification distance". So for example if it's set to 30 seconds, the next alarm will go after 30 seconds.

Martin said:
That determines how frequently the alarm is triggered when a value attains the alarm threshold.
When a value reaches the alarm threshold, HWiNFO will trigger the defined alarm. And when the value is still in the threshold range, the next alarm will be signalized not sooner than the "notification distance". So for example if it's set to 30 seconds, the next alarm will go after 30 seconds.

Thank you for your explanation. :shy: Do you know what is the maximum temperature of a graphics card can be with no chance of damaging the card.  I have a ATI radeon 4670. Today I was running  a game and my cards peaked at 84 degrees C, which seems fairly high. They were at 100% load. I heard they can go up to 120 degrees C without a problem but is this true?

That depends on particular GPU model and varies. Usually it's around 100 C.
84 C in your case is OK as long as it's not 24/7.

aguilancha

It all depends on the thermal resistance area "semiconductor - environment" and semiconductor material. For silicon (Si) allowable safe operating temperature of the p-n transition (Tj) to +150 °C, for germanium (Ge) up to +105 °C, for gallium arsenide (GaAs) for up to +250 °C, for silicon carbide (SiC) up to +175 °C and for gallium nitride (GaN) up to +200 °C. If you exceed these temperatures semiconductor will be damaged as a consequence of the breakdown of the metallurgical.

The normal mode when the circuit p-n junction temperature does not exceed (0,5 - 0,6)*Tj max. Most appliances are designed so that the ambient temperature does not exceed +50 °C - +55 °C, above this value the efficiency of the heat sink decreases dramatically leading to overheating and failure of the device. The lower limit of the working temperature for consumer electronics is usually defined in +5 °C.

Back