wrong temps with ryzen 1700x & asus x370 strix

Hello there I have some problems with my pc showing the right temperature readings even after cmso reset bios updates windows fresh installs , the bios is showing about right temps but hwinfo 64 hwmonitor &ryzen master are showing either -C° Temps or too low Temps I even send my motherbaord and cpu back because I thought they might be faulty ;P would be nice if someone here could help me fixing the problem I have a lot of screenshots these here aren't the only screenshots I have :) :huh:

mainboard is a asus rog strix x370 with 809 bios version ,ram is Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3000C15 3000mhz ddr4 16gb kit ,cooler is a liquid aio 240mm rad won't overheat I have turned fan speed to 100% to be safe :p

http://imgur.com/tNpFo8v[/SIZE]

http://imgur.com/a/l95z1

This looks really wrong, but not sure if it's a problem in CPU or BIOS.
Does ASUS AI Suite also show such erratic values?

Martin said:

I got a new cpu send the other one back it was not the cpu and I sent the motherboard back and got a new one , haven't tried Asus AI suite yet good idea ;)

So AI Suite reports the same temperature. If it's not the CPU and not the mainboard, then I don't know what else could be the problem..
Sorry, but haven't seen such issue yet, so don't know what to suggest :(

Martin said:

Martin said:
So AI Suite reports the same temperature. If it's not the CPU and not the mainboard, then I don't know what else could be the problem..

haha I don't know either :D

Martin said:

So I found out it's the  !CPU 1.80 V VOLTAGE ! setting  if it's changed to 1.900V the cpu is showing the right temperature :D http://imgur.com/a/CHmFk

Martin said:
Uh, that's really weird. I think this should be checked with ASUS...

yeah but I'm happy I found what is causing it thx for the idea with asus ai suite very appreciated :))
I did a post in the asus rog forums too hope they see it :)

I checked with ASUS and was told that most probably SenseMi Skew is enabled by default without an option to disable it in BIOS.
This option is affecting reporting of the CPU temperature.
You might try TurboV Core if it's able to lower the SenseMi Skew Offset.

Martin said:
I checked with ASUS and was told that most probably SenseMi Skew is enabled by default without an option to disable it in BIOS.
This option is affecting reporting of the CPU temperature.
You might try TurboV Core if it's able to lower the SenseMi Skew Offset.

I have been looking days for the option in the bios thought i'm to stupid to find because a other person with a crosshair hero showed me where it is and how I can find it ,I will try to lower turbo v core thx for the suggestion :)

Martin said:
Yes, the C6H has such option, but your model probably doesn't.

Would be nice if it gets added to the bios :p the motherboard I have is the asus rog strix x370 it's a step below the crosshair hero

Back