Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 Rev. 1.1 VR VOUT greyed out

It's closed. This problem was even before installing gigabyte 's software. I never used proprietary software for monitoring. I started using it as a last resort.

I literally found the fix for my problems.... It is their logofail patch on the bios logo. I had to disable the post gigabyte logo in bios settings and everything works now. 0 Greyouts in 7 hours of harcore testing, no more hangs on hwinfo or other monitoring software, and also those weird black screen at windows login are not present anymore. The testing was done on HWINFO64 v8 stable ver with every setting default. Jesus Christ I'm never buying Gigabyte again.
Also, I am sorry for all this "it is this, that", I just tried to be get to the bottom of this. If you can, please tell Gigabyte to investigate this.

Last edited:
That would be really strange if a logo would cause such problems.. Let's wait a bit more to be sure...

Sure, the PC is now running prime95 on clu and memory and it's perfectly fine. I'll report back in the following days too.

Sadly, it did it again today after a full night of stress testing. I will just go back to what I did the first time i encountered the problem: Disable Fast Startup, and even if it does grey out, the system won't hang at shutdown. It is what it is.

Is it normal that Hwinfo eats almost 10 percent of a 14700k with nothing else running? I am on a fresh windows installation and hwinfo is running defaults on everythihng. You can also see the greyout on those vrms. I disabled fast startup and the hang is not present anymore so it's fine.
Usage.png
hw.png

No, that's not normal. If you enable the "Profiling time" column you can check which sensor eats the most time/resources.

Well, it's our friends again:
btw those lines just dissappeared as i stated when i started the thread becasue of the greyout
guess what.png

I disabled SMBus. Maybe gigabyte will release a bios, or a driver update that fixes this.

So i tried the new v8.01-5420 build and the new readings are awesome given that my renesas controller dies when read by hwinfo, but is it normal that vcc power out is capped to 255? pic below. Thank you for the effort.

255.png

I also contacted Gigabyte about the issue with the controller and they said that the issue has been transmited to the devs. I hope they will fix it with the new bios iteration.

So i tried the new v8.01-5420 build and the new readings are awesome given that my renesas controller dies when read by hwinfo, but is it normal that vcc power out is capped to 255? pic below. Thank you for the effort.

View attachment 11122

I also contacted Gigabyte about the issue with the controller and they said that the issue has been transmited to the devs. I hope they will fix it with the new bios iteration.

It could be capped if the VRM doesn't support certain SVID features. I'd have to see the DBG file.

I also forgot to ask you something: I have seen some 13th and 14th gen cpus like '900k's having system agent power readings too. Mine doesn't seem to have that. It is located under the same cpu enhanced sensor.

Last edited:
Back