Z77X-D3H/Z77X-UP5

Hi Martin,

just looking for fan and temperatures.
Seems that CPU temp in ET6 is wrong,compared to BIOS pic.
PCH temp is lower.

Attachments

• 24-07-2012_220839.png
    24-07-2012_220839.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 14
  • BIOS.zip
    155.9 KB · Views: 1
Indeed, the CPU temperature from IT8728 is quite low. HWiNFO attempts to be in sync with ET6, but this time it might be wrong.
Anyway, comparing values from Windows to BIOS (especially temperatures) is not a good idea, since in BIOS several CPU power saving technologies (like EIST) might not be active.
Can you please try to start some CPU-intensive load and watch which of the temperatures rises quickest ?

Thanks for the data. That means the CPU temperature under IT8728 is really the CPU temperature - probably measured by a diode near the socket.
Also, the PCH temperature under IT8728 in HWiNFO seems to require to remove the +18C offset I implemented. I did this in the past probably due to the same reason as the VDIMM offset. So I'll remove this now too. Don't know if something changed meanwhile... How does the Z77X-D3H display the PCH temperature, is it correct with that build of HWiNFO ?

hello Martin,

perhaps U may have covered this:

got a Z77M-D3H, and brand new, as am I to this whole process

but one minute the PCH temp under IT8728 in HWiNFO will show 204 C, and the next it will show 45 C, while at all times the Intel PCH temp will be 65 C . . .

I am still trying to track exactly when this all happens, and I can usually fix it with a reboot

needless to say, it kind of freaks me out

thanks

Thanks for your feedback. That might be caused by some kind of measurement error in the SIO, or diode fault on motherboard.
Is this just exactly 204 C, or does it show other crazy values too? If it's only 204 C, I can easily filter out such value from displaying...

just DLed the latest betas, including the latest gadget, just to be on the safe side, and not to waste your time if this might have been corrected already . . .

I have seen reading of 205 also ( currently at 44 ) intel pch is at 66C, IT8 pch is at 44C, mobo at 27C, cores all at 34/35C

anyway, I do want to say that this app of yours is the coolest thing since the wheel . . .

I am going to guess that perhaps I can just ignore this reading ?

Hi Martin,

I tested a few earlier BIOS's (before first release) and there PCH temp are same as in D3H board.
Somehow start from first official BIOS,GB change temp code in the BIOS.
So,offset is -18C as I already adjust in AIDA64 (with Correction feature).
What is PCH temp in sensor page which is marked?
Thanks,rgs

Attachments

• 26-07-2012_PCH.png
    26-07-2012_PCH.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 9
Yes, you can ignore that value. Anyway, if you are willing to test it a bit, just tell me the invalid values (204, 205, anything else?) and I'll filter them out.

IronSky said:
just DLed the latest betas, including the latest gadget, just to be on the safe side, and not to waste your time if this might have been corrected already . . .

I have seen reading of 205 also ( currently at 44 ) intel pch is at 66C, IT8 pch is at 44C, mobo at 27C, cores all at 34/35C

anyway, I do want to say that this app of yours is the coolest thing since the wheel . . .

I am going to guess that perhaps I can just ignore this reading ?

Hi stasio,

that value comes straight from the PCH chip thermal sensor. However the interpretation of this reading is not properly disclosed by Intel under certain conditions and according to my past experience it might provide unreliable data...

stasio said:
Hi Martin,

I tested a few earlier BIOS's (before first release) and there PCH temp are same as in D3H board.
Somehow start from first official BIOS,GB change temp code in the BIOS.
So,offset is -18C as I already adjust in AIDA64 (with Correction feature).
What is PCH temp in sensor page which is marked?
Thanks,rgs

I think that Gigabyte must have reason to omit PCH reading in early BIOS and implemented new reading.
Sample (my testing):
BIOS D7:
PCH temp ~60C.....in BIOS/ET6 and HWiNFO

From BIOS F1 to F4:
PCH temp ~42C.....in BIOS/ET6

Hi, don't want to hi-jack this thread, but it seemed the best place to post. :)

I'm wondering if the 18c PCH offset was removed for the Z77X-D3H and perhaps should only have been for the Z77X-UP5? (I believe Stasio replaced his D3H with a UP5 partway through the thread?)

I have the Z77X-D3H with the latest official F9 BIOS, and I'm getting inconsistent readings for PCH temp between 4.00-1680 and 4.01-1695, and checking ET6 (and in the BIOS itself) makes me think 4.00-1680 is the one giving the correct reading.

HWINFO screenshot

I have 2 instances of HWINFO open, on the left is 32bit 4.00-1680 and on the right is 64bit 4.01-1695. But both the 32bit and 64bit versions give the same result, this was just so that I can have 2 versions open simultaneously. I've checked in the BIOS itself and the higher value is reported there as well - will add a screenshot shortly.

Debug files as well in case they help.

Please let me know what you think, and if there's anything else I can do. Thanks. :)

Hi, don't want to hi-jack this thread, but it seemed the best place to post. :)

I'm wondering if the 18c PCH offset was removed for the Z77X-D3H and perhaps should only have been for the Z77X-UP5? (I believe Stasio replaced his D3H with a UP5 partway through the thread?)

I have the Z77X-D3H with the latest official F9 BIOS, and I'm getting inconsistent readings for PCH temp between 4.00-1680 and 4.01-1695, and checking ET6 (and in the BIOS itself) makes me think 4.00-1680 is the one giving the correct reading.

HWINFO screenshot

I have 2 instances of HWINFO open, on the left is 32bit 4.00-1680 and on the right is 64bit 4.01-1695. (But both the 32bit and 64bit versions give the same result, this was just so that I can have the 2 versions open simultaneously.)

I've checked in the BIOS itself and the higher PCH value is reported there as well - screenshot below.

BIOS screenshot

Debug files as well in case they help.

Please let me know what you think, and if there's anything else I can do. Thanks. :)

Back