Z77X-D3H/Z77X-UP5

RE: Z77X-D3H

Martin said:
Thanks for the feedback !

Hi Martin,

I found another bug in latest 1602 Beta.
Running ET6 without HWiNFO,frequency in ET6 is correct (before reboot pic).
After reboot pic ,show ET6 and HWiNFO running together and I lost CPU and BCLK frequency in ET6.
Close HWiNFO and restart ET6 ,all OK.

Attachments

• before reboot.png
    before reboot.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
  • after reboot.png
    after reboot.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 7

This might be because the access to Intel ICC doesn't allow multiple applications to access it concurrently. Unfortunately this is by design (of Intel's HECI and ICC client) and I don't think there's a way how to change it.
You might try to start ET6 first, then HWiNFO and check if you see the ICC info in HWiNFO (main tree and sensors). If it's lost, then it proves it's this problem.

Martin said:
This might be because the access to Intel ICC doesn't allow multiple applications to access it concurrently. Unfortunately this is by design (of Intel's HECI and ICC client) and I don't think there's a way how to change it.
You might try to start ET6 first, then HWiNFO and check if you see the ICC info in HWiNFO (main tree and sensors). If it's lost, then it proves it's this problem.

ET6 start first and no problem.
ICC is in sensors and main tree.

Attachments

• 27-04-2012_194758.png
    27-04-2012_194758.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 5

Hm, then I'm not sure what could be the problem.
If there's an issue with ET6 (even somehow related to HWiNFO), it's hard to give statements about other tools, when I don't know how exactly they work and what could be the problem..

Trying to settle this last 4 days.
Even fresh installed Win7......in the background running AIDA64 and RealTemp no problem,
till I try startup with HWiNFO.
Just now tried with SIV and is OK.

Other similar tools (AIDA64, SIV, RealTemp including) do not read/support ICC information. So the issue might be somehow related to ICC.
If you disable the Intel MEI/HECI driver, does ET6 show that information ?

Disabled Intel MEI/HECI driver,ET6 acting as with HWiNFO (no frequency).

Attachments

• enabled.png
    enabled.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 3
  • disabled.png
    disabled.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 3

Then it's definitively related to the ICC.
It might be a fault of the particular application (like ET6) too which tries to access ICC exclusively. HWiNFO doesn't enforce exclusivity, but I think the ICC itself does not allow more concurrent connections.
So I'm sorry, but I don't have a solution for this. Changing the way how HWiNFO communicates with the ICC would result in higher resource load during monitoring, moreover it might not solve the issue at all (depends on how the ET6 is accessing ICC).

OK,no problem.
At least I know that ET6 and HWiNFO cann't work together.
(Strange how nobody who use ET6 & HWiNFO ,didn't complain this before)
Thanks Martin.
Rgs,
Stasio

Martin said:
Maybe most people don't use more than one tool concurrently :)

Hi Martin,
4.8 GHz set in BIOS,
run HWiNFO for 4 hours in background .
One core jump to 6 GHz!

Attachments

• 28-04-2012_132339.png
    28-04-2012_132339.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 7

What Windows version do you have and do you have the "From Bus Clock" option enabled in Settings?

Then please enable that option which allows a better method for calculating of CPU clock.

Hi Martin,

latest versions 3.96, I getting CPU utilization in one or two core 10-15% in idle.

Attachments

• 10-06-2012_211752.png
    10-06-2012_211752.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 10-06-2012_212033.png
    10-06-2012_212033.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 2

Please try to disable sensors one by one and let me know which one is causing this load.

Martin said:
Please try to disable sensors one by one and let me know which one is causing this load.

It's ITE IT8728F mostly and IRF 3567 partly.

Martin said:
And do you know which build is the one where this started to happen?

I think with 3.96.
Lucky I can download 3.95 from Slovakia server and seems OK.At least not much as 3.96.

Back