49 Celsius difference between CPU Tctl and TSI temperatures.

Monaturca

I really don't understand it. I changed my thermal paste over and over to check if it changes a little bit but it never changes. I was checking it for like 6 months and its always 49.0 Celsius. Why is it like that? I don't think its supposed to be that much different.

My cpu is AMD A10 7890K

Attachments

• resim_2021-05-16_205559.png
    resim_2021-05-16_205559.png
    8 KB · Views: 8
Obviously, TSI temp (at least) is wrong. Its like using a constant offset of 49C no matter what.

FYI pre Ryzen era, AMD CPUs did not report temperature very accurately.

Obviously, TSI temp (at least) is wrong. Its like using a constant offset of 49C no matter what.

FYI pre Ryzen era, AMD CPUs did not report temperature very accurately.
Yeah its always 49C higher no matter what. Its really problematic, it drops my CPUs 4100 Mhz frequency to 700 Mhz or lower and causes freezing every 1 or 2 mins.

49 C is an internal offset used for temperature representation, so it looks like TSI doesn't correctly account for that.
Also as Zach already pointed out, pre-Zen CPUs don't report temperature accurately, in many cases it's absolutely off.

Yeah its always 49C higher no matter what. Its really problematic, it drops my CPUs 4100 Mhz frequency to 700 Mhz or lower and causes freezing every 1 or 2 mins.
Are you sure the drop to 700MHz is thermal throttling and not just the CPU entering low power state?
Does this speed drop occur during heavy workloads?

Are you sure the drop to 700MHz is thermal throttling and not just the CPU entering low power state?
Does this speed drop occur during heavy workloads?
It drops during heavy workloads. Its thermal throttling I'm sure.

Back