7.0 and Corsair AX1600i

rehsd

Looking through old posts, I understand that the protocols for Corsair power supplies haven't been great (from HWiNFO).

Yesterday, I upgraded to HWiNFO 7.0. I also upgraded from a Corsair HX1200i to an AX1600i. I'm finding that HWiNFO seems to sporadically detect the power supply -- sometimes it's there on boot and sometimes it's not. I'm also seeing grayed out values, which I believe is indicating a failure to read the value from the power supply during that last polling period. The previous version of HWiNFO and the HX1200i seemed to work well together, even with iCUE running. This doesn't seem to be the case with 7.0 or with the AX1600i. iCUE reads the power supply details fine.

I have completely uninstalled iCUE. I don't believe I have any other monitoring software installed that would be trying to poll the power supply. I have also completely removed HWiNFO64, including all files and registry entries. I reinstalled HWiNFO64 7.0. I have confirmed "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" is enabled under Safety.

Should the AX1600i be readable by HWiNFO 7.0? Any suggestions on how to get the AX1600i to consistently show up, and any fix for getting values on every poll to work?

Thanks!

HX1200i and AX1600i use completely different protocols, that explains why you see such a difference. So it's not because of HWiNFO v7.0, but a different PSU.

Should the AX1600i be readable by HWiNFO? Any suggestions on how to get the AX1600i to consistently show up, and any fix for getting values on every poll to work?

Sorry, I have no suggestion other than avoiding other tools that might be accessing the PSU.
As you have probably seen in other posts, Corsair is absolutely uncooperative and without their support it's not possible to reliably support these devices. Moreover the protocol used by them is not very reliable and prone to issues.

Back