Any way to disable preferred core numbers for shared memory tracking?

evir

Every restart a few of these cores shuffle and messes up shared memory data sources I have setup.
I'm mostly doing this to try and monitor the frequency on CCD0 and CCD1, or is there any sort of 3rd party application that might be better for this?
I am mostly looking to see highest current frequency on CCD0 and CCD1 to see core parking, and active thread clocks.

You can rename any sensor item and so remove those numbers, just press F2 over it.

You can rename any sensor item and so remove those numbers, just press F2 over it.
Thank you I didn't realize this was a feature.
However it doesn't seem to actually effect the data sources from shared memory, after restarting both applications after the change they are still showing only the original sensor names.

1681183127435.png

Last edited:
Ah, I see. HWiNFO exposes both the original sensor name and the renamed one. But it seems MSI/RTSS takes only the original name into account.
But in terms of addressing the sensor the name should not matter even if it changes and MSI/RTSS should always pickup the same one.

Another alternative would be to create a custom user sensor: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/custom-user-sensors-in-hwinfo.5817/
If you want to aggregate multiple values (i.e. for entire CCD), this might be the better way.

Ah, I see. HWiNFO exposes both the original sensor name and the renamed one. But it seems MSI/RTSS takes only the original name into account.
But in terms of addressing the sensor the name should not matter even if it changes and MSI/RTSS should always pickup the same one.

Another alternative would be to create a custom user sensor: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/custom-user-sensors-in-hwinfo.5817/
If you want to aggregate multiple values (i.e. for entire CCD), this might be the better way.
perfect the max function of ccd values from the custom user sensor seems like what I am looking for.

Back