Any way to get readings from Corsair LINK hub connected devices, such as the new QX120/QX140 fans?

krprice84

As title states, I'm looking for a way to get the RPM and temperature sensor values from the QX120/QX140 fans that are connected through the Corsair LINK hub, instead of through one of their Commander devices. Not sure if this is possible yet, but it really would be amazing, as I (and many other people) despise using Corsair's iCrap (sorry...iCue. my mistake) software more than almost anything else in the world. This software is the veritable definition of software garbage, in every possible meaning of the term. The further that anyone using Corsair hardware can move away from using iCue, the better off they will be.

For instance, when using iCue, after some time, the devices attached to the LINK hub will simply disappear from iCue completely, only to return a few seconds later, but with their sensor history wiped. This makes it exceedingly hard to actually monitor changes in temperature, and to correlate them with changes in fan speed.

Adding this data to HWinfo64 would be AMAZING!

Is this possible?

Thanks

Kevin

I fully understand your frustration with iCue and believe me, we have a hard time with Corsair too as they ignore other developers and refuse to cooperate.
So if HWiNFO doesn't show that information then it's currently not possible :(

It is not iCrap, its iPoo !! o_O The new LINK products are interesting (and overpriced) but based on Corsair's track record with software and firmware, I would not risk buying into this new LINK platform until they have had time to shake the bugs out. Then again, Corsair still can't get their Elite LCD AIO coolers working reliably. The complaint thread on their forum is now 38 pages long! I would say that is a record but sadly, it is not.

I am curious about the performance of the QX fans. The QX120 spec says 3.8mm H2O. I don't put much faith in Corsair specs but would be interested in OP's opinion of the QX fans. I have some QL120s that are so bad it's funny. I can put my hand in front of one running at max speed and cannot tell which way the air is moving. I recall a review that said the QL fan was more of a circular LED strip that makes noise than a fan. Funny, but true...

I have the same experience with LL120. installed on a radiator i could not feel the airflow at all no matter what speed ^^'
they are just rotating light shows, not fans.

I have the same experience with LL120. installed on a radiator i could not feel the airflow at all no matter what speed ^^'
they are just rotating light shows, not fans.
I have some LLs too. They are bad but slightly better than the QLs. The QX120 spec claims 3.8mm H2O static pressure which is higher than a Phanteks D30 and even the T30 (which are both 5mm thicker), and a Noctua NF-A12x25. I don’t put a lot of faith in Corsair specs and wonder if the static pressure spec is accurate. Maybe if OP can get Corsair iPoo and the Link hub to work right for 5 minutes he can tell us. ;) Hopefully, he can find a way to control and monitor the QX fans with something other than iPoo. Even if they really do 3.8mm H2O, iPoo is a deal breaker for me.

Back