Apex Legends BSOD on launch

Manujito

Hi, I never had any problem playing or launching Apex until yesterday. My config hasn't changed in the mean time and no significant updates happened either (except the game itself).
When I launch the game, as soon as the EAC splash screen finishes loading, I get a BSOD with the "Memory Management" error.

After trying different stuff I was able to pinpoint the source of the issue, and it's HWinfo.

If I close the program, the game launches fine. If I close every single piece of background software except HWinfo, i get the BSOD.

I tried disabling EC Support, SW SMI and NVML so far, but it didn't help.

Anything else I can try?
Let me know if you need more info about my system.

Thanks!

I don't see anything suspicious that could be indicating a problem caused by HWiNFO. Most probably it's some indirect collision when multiple applications are accessing the hardware.
Try to disable monitoring of sensors by hitting the Del key over their headings until you find the one which when disabled won't cause the BSOD.

I don't see anything suspicious that could be indicating a problem caused by HWiNFO. Most probably it's some indirect collision when multiple applications are accessing the hardware.
Try to disable monitoring of sensors by hitting the Del key over their headings until you find the one which when disabled won't cause the BSOD.
I'll try that as soon as I can. Do you have some suggestion on what to try first? There are a lot of them and I don't know what to enable/disable first.

Do you maybe also have the Summary window active? If yes, make sure it's not open.

Do you maybe also have the Summary window active? If yes, make sure it's not open.
Summary Window is NOT active, just be sure I opened it and closed it. Still BSOD.
Not even the sensors are in an active windows, just background monitoring.

Please attach a new Debug File of BSOD when all sensors are disabled.
I also noticed that you're using Remote Sensor monitoring, which you might try to disable.
Moreover, I'm wondering how are you starting HWiNFO as it seems to be running under a service.

I sent you the new debug file.

I closed every background program I had open, I disabled every single sensor, disabled remote monitoring (I unticked the "Server role" checkbox and removed the connection from the list).

I think I just start it automatically via the settings in the program itself, although since I linked some sensor through Afterburner to use the values in my in-game overlay, now if I close HWiNFO and Afterburner is still open, it will just relaunch HWiNFO on its own, so that might be how it's actually starting at startup. (Afterburner was still closed during the BSOD).

Let me know if you need anything more.

This is most probably caused by the Easy Anti-Cheat component that was updated as part of the game.
There are several issues caused by Easy Anti-Cheat including BSODs if you do a search on the net.

This is most probably caused by the Easy Anti-Cheat component that was updated as part of the game.
There are several issues caused by Easy Anti-Cheat including BSODs if you do a search on the net.
Yeah, I just don't understand the correlation with HWiNFO sensors. I'll just disable them when I want to play that game.

Hi, I just wanted to update you since I fixed the issue, and it was actually just the NVidia Driver not being up to date.
I had updated Windows after a while but not the GPU drivers, and it seems they didn't get along (I started getting other issues as well).
With the new drivers I don't get the BSOD anymore.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the futile waste of time!

Back