Asus ROG Strix x570 Gaming e: Temp 2 and Temp 5 readings (under motherboard) - real?

useaname

Hi Martin,
Firstly thanks for a truly wonderful piece of software.
Secondly I have some questions - sorry if they've already been answered, I have searched for them on the forum without success.
I have an Asus ROG Strix x570 Gaming e (with a Ryzen 3950x CPU): Just under the motherboard temperature reading, there is listed 'Temp 2' and 'Temp 5' - are these real readings / from an actual sensor? If so, is it known what the sensors are measuring the temperature of?
Context: as you can see, they run a little hot on my system (69C and 77C) on my system at idle; under a short load (Passmark test), they go up a little (72C, 79C). If they are real temperatures, I would like to improve the cooling of those parts of my system. (Currently, in a full tower case: 3 * 120 intake front, 1 * 120 exhaust rear, 2 * 140 exhuast top, 3 * 120 pull cooling a 360 radiator (EKWB x360) outside of the case.)
Thanks very much

hwinfo_sensors.png

I'm afraid I don't have information about those values, they might well be invalid. In either case they are no official values, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Hi Martin,
Firstly thanks for a truly wonderful piece of software.
Secondly I have some questions - sorry if they've already been answered, I have searched for them on the forum without success.
I have an Asus ROG Strix x570 Gaming e (with a Ryzen 3950x CPU): Just under the motherboard temperature reading, there is listed 'Temp 2' and 'Temp 5' - are these real readings / from an actual sensor? If so, is it known what the sensors are measuring the temperature of?
Context: as you can see, they run a little hot on my system (69C and 77C) on my system at idle; under a short load (Passmark test), they go up a little (72C, 79C). If they are real temperatures, I would like to improve the cooling of those parts of my system. (Currently, in a full tower case: 3 * 120 intake front, 1 * 120 exhaust rear, 2 * 140 exhuast top, 3 * 120 pull cooling a 360 radiator (EKWB x360) outside of the case.)
Thanks very much

View attachment 4030
If you want click the blue arrows down left as many times as needed to fill the whole window with columns and see more sections and sensors at a time...

Like this below
How is the temp readings of
CPU (Tctl/Tdie)
CPU CCD1 (Tdie)
CPU CCD2 (Tdie)

HWiNFO_18_01_2020_idle_low_loadb.png

I have the same MOBO (Asus ROG gaming E ) and also the same strange reads. so i worried about the temps (temp 2 and Temp 5 started 91 c ).
Glad to see that this is not so strange.
1581177471034.png

Same here. Mine is under a full vrm+CPU waterblock for the strix from EK, which makes it even more strange.

Asus X570-E Strix.PNG

Hi guys, same here. I just assembled it with a Ryzen 3700x @ 4ghz @ 1.19v.

I registered these temps just a few moments ago.

Here the room temperature is about 18º and the case have 2 intake fan (120 + 140) and 2 outake (120 rear + 230 top)

What do you think about those temps, i think they are from vrm sensor i suppose.

1597258534977.png

@Zonik @bgmenot

All ASUS X570 users get those (invalid) Temp2/5 readings. I wouldnt worry about them.
I bet that when the system is on load and getting warmed up those two readings going down. Try it...

Same issue regarding temp2 and temp5 with my asus tuf gaming b550-plus. I have a ryzen 9 5900x. Any news on that matter?

hwinfo.png

This is causing a lot of confusion an since those values seem to be invalid, they will be removed in the next build.

Same issue here.

I have the feeling that the reading are incorrect, that they go in the "wrong direction" (showing higher temp when it's lower).
Here is why:
I start my computer after the night off. Room temperature ~20°C, temp2 & temp5 are very high at startup (between 86 and 95°C).
Then I run Cyberpunk for some time, and what happens is that temps are going up. This is normal, high cpu & gpu usage => temp increases.
What is strange is that as it happens, temp 2 and temp5 are going DOWN, from around 90°C to around 70°C.

So my best guess is that the readings are wrong. I would bet that the value is not random (it's too consistent to be random data), it's probably a temp (they move down just as other temps move up, not before, not after), but ..... instead of displaying the temp `T`, it's something like `110 - T` which ends up being displayed. Meaning the higher the value, the better :)
No certainty, but I really think it should be this. It would also be consistent with another experiment seen on asus forum: a guy let a hairdryer blow cold air on the MB to cool it down while running ; guy managed to bring temp5 above 100°C blowing cold air on the MB. The more he cooled his MB, the higher temp5 was.

Would like some other user to try at home (the easy version, just check temp at startup and after intensive use) and confirm/infirm this theory.

Thanks for your observation, it confirms what many believe so as I said above, these values will be removed in future versions.

Back