Asus Tuf Gaming B550m-plus high temp2 temperature

Monet97

Hey I just upgraded my system to a ryzen 5 3600 with a Asus Tuf Gaming B550m-plus (WiFi).

I use hwinfo64 to check my temps and fan speed, but i noticed one of the motherboard sensors (temp2) always is around 83 degrees, atleast when the computer is idling.
Is there any way to find out what temperature this sensor is reporting from?

Kitguru has a review of the motherboard, where they used a 3950X but in the pictures that sensor only read around 26 degress.

Thanks in advance!

1599034773461.png

Last edited:
Please do a search in the forums about “ASUS temp 2 and 5”

...you will find a lot.

99% is a fault reading

Saerch among these...

EDIT:
Ok here is a few

Yeah I also found those.
What I meant was that I tried google before I posted here on the forum.
But with the search terms you provided I was able to find the post :)

Again thank you for the help @Zach

I have just got a new computer with the same motherboard as you (Asus tuf B550 plus except without Wifi) and I am having the same problem. In fact, for me both temp 2 and temp 5 are in the 80s/90s. It seems a few people are having this issue and the general view is it is erroneous, however I'm not aware of anyone who is entirely sure what is going on. Presumably, if these temps, whatever they are, are really this high, it will lead to the motherboard dying at some point.

As I said again on other similar threads, I suggest to run a heavy benchmark, one that will raise temp of CPU and motherboard and then see what happens of those two temp readings. I bet they stay the same and probably fall...

Same Motherboard (without Wi-Fi) I'm also getting those kind of temperatures on sensor "temp2".
Those 96º was after having the computer sleeping for 1h.

Sem Título.png

same with my asus rog strix b460-f lga 1200 temp 2 79c is this real or bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 13
Think simple...
Put the system under severe load/stress and see if those temp2/5 values will alter its readings.

found this thread dealing with same, eventually discovered when ASUS moved to the integrated chip set PCH, about the time of the i5, there were sensor pins on the main board that went unused, they will report a high temp when not used, a sort of default to prevent overheating in the event of sensor failure on previous builds

Back