Bug or no bug? External USB hard drives not showing any longer..

kmcgrady

Sorry if this ones repetitive... I searched the forum seen similar posts, but not exact. Been using HWiNFO64 for years. :) just installed latest version (the issue could be with other versions - not sure)

Both my WD USB external hard drives are not seen any longer. Is that by design? Drives shown is my cd-rom, SSD and SATA drive installed.

Thanks

PS I have not tried CrystalDiskInfo yet. I did see that mentioned in some of the searches I did.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis? Also do you recall which previous version has shown those drives? It would be great if you could attach Debug File from that version as well.

Wish I could, but i'm almost 100% positive it was v6.xx somewhere in there. Even v5.xx I never recall not seeing USB drives listed.

It just stuck out this morning with new version because i'm used to seeing it listed. Sorry I wish I had a better idea which one it was.

File attached.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    74.8 KB · Views: 3
HWiNFO receives an Access Denied when trying to access the USB drives.
Could you check in Windows Defender whether there's perhaps a message about blocking HWiNFO from directly accessing the drive? I've seen such issues in the past.

HWiNFO receives an Access Denied when trying to access the USB drives.
Could you check in Windows Defender whether there's perhaps a message about blocking HWiNFO from directly accessing the drive? I've seen such issues in the past.

That was it! thanks! problem solved

PS didn't get a message or anything I just turned off WD and the drives showed up. I'm searching the settings and Firewall rules but don't see much. I know what to do in the future.

Last edited:
Back