Core M revision

quentin

Hello, I noticed that in the tests of core m-5Y70 laptops cpu-z and hwinfo both detected e0 stepping/revision chip (cf lenovo yoga 3 pro) whereas when it's a core m-5Y10 cpu-z says it's revision e0/f0 whereas hwinfo detects revision 4 stepping e0 (Asus T300FA and UX305). Intel said that some early core M chips would be replaced (for unknown reasons). So I wonder if those are the new chips and hwinfo doesn't already detect them or if there's another explanation.
Thanks a lot for your answer :) (and sorry for my awfull english)

Both E0 and F0 steppings of the Core M (Broadwell Y) share the same revision number (4) and AFAIK there's no universal way how to distinguish them.
HWiNFO uses finer determination based on the fact that all 5Y10 and 5Y70 models are manufactured on E0 step only. F0 stepping parts use different model numbers.

Martin said:
Both E0 and F0 steppings of the Core M (Broadwell Y) share the same revision number (4) and AFAIK there's no universal way how to distinguish them.
HWiNFO uses finer determination based on the fact that all 5Y10 and 5Y70 models are manufactured on E0 step only. F0 stepping parts use different model numbers.
^^ amazing method, thanks a lot :)

Back