DDR5 SPD Hub temperature occasionally spiking

I assume 63.750 too until we get more precise results from this value.

For anyone curious, these would be then the raw hexadecimal erratic values read from the SPD Hub: 0x100, 0x2FC, 0x3FC

It's currently available in v7.67 Beta and a new full version is planned for the next week.

@Martin
Hi again, just wanted to ask another thing fast here.

Why are the temps in hwinfo (see pic cpu temp) 10c higher then with other tools at the same moment?
Cpu-Z, Hwmonitor, Nvidia Experience/Amd Adrenalin and more are showing the same temps, only hwinfo is 10c higher.
Maybe there is an issue and just wanted to inform you. Its confirmed already by other users in a discussion on discord. Same issue for them.
I remember the DTS vs Enhanced thing but 10c is a lot.
Thx.

1702821108955.png

Last edited:
If the DTS sensor shows same values as the others, then it's the "problem" of DTS vs Enhanced sensors. For some reason, sometimes the Enhanced sensor seems to utilize an offset. I asked Intel several times to clarify this but never got a reliable answer.

Ok so now this created another type of issue. Everytime my RAM hit 47.75c, the sensor goes grey until the temperature is not at that value anymore, which it can stay at for a couples minutes. At this point, the fancontroller that rely on it already decided it is outside the acceptable delay (10 seconds) and assume it is disabled and throw an error.

When adding invalid temps (over or under), the sensor does not go grey but rather uses the last known value. I tought this is what would happen here. Is it possible to do something similar to how invalid work, or is this the only way it can.

This should be same behavior as for the invalid value range. An invalid value is always shown as grey and last value shown.

I just tested a sensor with (invalid = over 0 ) and it indeed did what you said. . The issue is that the associated entries vanishes from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\VSB which is where FanControl plugin gets the data needed.

Would it be possible to keep reporting the last know values to the registry?

For the record, it's not just me. A couple people are affected. See this thread

Back