Frozen values in HWinfo

tux-box1

The values in HWinfo never update say the same values.
MB: Asus rog zenith extreme II alpha
CPU: 3990x
HW ver: 6.26-4160

From what I can tell the application is freezing or locking up. The only way I can get to the application to remove it and start over is to restart in safe mode.
I'll upload a debug file after I reboot.

I've removed the application I've reset the settings.
Looking for solutions.

Last edited:
I had to enable the debug via ini and reboot. this was what i could get after i rebooted and forced the application closed. At that time all values were frozen.

Please try to increase the Global Polling Period in sensor settings if that will help.

tried again and set values to 10000.
Values are still frozen. Any suggestions? this worked in a previous version but I don't remember which one.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
As Lukas0610 suggested, first check if there isn't some other monitoring tool running (including ASUS AI Suite).
If not, try to disable EC Support in HWiNFO if that will help maybe or Reset Preferences.

Here is a screen capture. I've never had this issue in a previous version(I froget which one).
All I see is a fan controller, lighting service(RGB stuff), and "atkexcomservice"(bios and driver update service).
1592949295709.png
HWinfo locks up at this time and I have to reboot in safemode to make any changes or remove it.

Try to completely uninstall those ASUS tools and see if that fixes the problem.

@tux-box1 I have had this same issue for a while and here is what I just did and so far seems to have (until reboot) fixed it.
I too have the same items listed in the FIND HANLDED OR DLLS image above. I didn't mess with those nor did I uninstall anything. I just did the below. After doing below the same items still show when using the tool above, but that doesn't seem to matter.
  1. Open windows Task Scheduler
  2. Expand folder "Task Scheduler Library"
  3. Select ASUS folder
  4. Right click on each item in the list that shows in the main view and click END and accept to force them to end.
  5. Right click and REFRESH and make sure none of them say RUNNING (all should be READY or DISABLED)
  6. Open HWINFO and Enable monitoring of the EC for ASUS. It should stay stable but if you use the MB OLED display to show any sensor readings, you will now notice the OLED is frozen.
It seems we have to trade off of with using the MB OLED (or any Asus readout of sensors) and HWINFO at the same time.

The values in HWinfo never update say the same values.
MB: Asus rog zenith extreme II alpha
CPU: 3990x
HW ver: 6.26-4160

From what I can tell the application is freezing or locking up. The only way I can get to the application to remove it and start over is to restart in safe mode.
I'll upload a debug file after I reboot.

I've removed the application I've reset the settings.
Looking for solutions.
I have the same problem with my threadripper 3970X and asus extreme II

Back