Getting a ton of PCI/PCIe bus errors

Hello I just built a new system and noticed I am getting a ton of WHEA errors, like a hundred per minute. My System specs are:
CPU: I9-13900K
Motherboard: Aorus Z790 Master
GPU: Aorus RTX 4090
PSU: Seasonic Vertex 1200W
CPU Cooler: Aorus Waterforce X 360
RAM: 64GB G.skill 6400 mhz (XMP on)
SSD: Aorus Gen 5 2TB ssd

I attached the log and debug files, can anyone please help me out in finding the cause of these errors and how to fix it?

Unfortunately the attached DBG file is almost empty. You'll need to run HWiNFO againin Debug Mode and right after closing grab the new DBG file. Only then run HWiNFO again to disable Debug Mode.

Unfortunately the attached DBG file is almost empty. You'll need to run HWiNFO againin Debug Mode and right after closing grab the new DBG file. Only then run HWiNFO again to disable Debug Mode.

Here are both files again

I am pretty sure it is GPU related, I tried re-seating it, and fresh windows re-install and new drivers but none of that worked. The only thing that worked was changing the windows power plan from balanced to performance, after that no more WHEA errors . Do you think I can be certain that it is not an actual hardware issue? The gpu and motherboard are still in return window so I gotta decide now if it's a hardware or software issue. I wonder what is it about the balanced power plan that causes this...

Last edited:
I determined that based on the WHEA error type and additional details in the Debug File.
Try to check if the drive is properly seated or check some other forums for similar issues.

I determined that based on the WHEA error type and additional details in the Debug File.
Try to check if the drive is properly seated or check some other forums for similar issues.
Which details pointed to NVME instead of other devices? The drive is seated correctly, and there is too much conflicting info out there about this error type to have a real solution. Do you have any idea why the power plan would have any affect?

The WHEA error record provides exact PCI device address that caused it.
Well you're certainly correct, as I switched out the Gigabyte SSD with a WD SN850X and getting no errors on stock settings. Do you have any idea if these errors indicate an actual problem with the Gigabyte SSD I should be worried about and any idea what exactly is the underlying cause?

Well you're certainly correct, as I switched out the Gigabyte SSD with a WD SN850X and getting no errors on stock settings. Do you have any idea if these errors indicate an actual problem with the Gigabyte SSD I should be worried about and any idea what exactly is the underlying cause?
its dead

Hello, i have machine with the same problem. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad E580 20KS-001JBM. Recently laptop shuts down suddenly at random intervals. In WHEA section there is ton of errors increasing almost every second and in some time reached hundreds. I suspect wi-fi adapter to be a culprit for this problem, but i need your confirmation after inspecting debug file.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Hello, i have machine with the same problem. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad E580 20KS-001JBM. Recently laptop shuts down suddenly at random intervals. In WHEA section there is ton of errors increasing almost every second and in some time reached hundreds. I suspect wi-fi adapter to be a culprit for this problem, but i need your confirmation after inspecting debug file.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Yes, you're assuming right - it's caused by the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 WiFi.

Yes, you're assuming right - it's caused by the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 WiFi.
I am having the same issue, a bunch of WHEA came up. If I log it and attach it here, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

I recently upgraded my z590 ROG Strix board, with 11900k, to the ROG Maximus Hero z590. Also installed first custom water loop. I have not updated BIOS and I know it's on an early one, but I am getting PCIe bus errors in HwInfo, so I'm wondering if its drive or gpu related.

The Debug File is not meant to be decoded by users.
Here are the files, let me know if I did something incorrect I've never had to do this before. Thank you for any help you may have

here see if these work:

Last edited:
The Debug File is not meant to be decoded by users.
here is a longer scan

Back