Getting a ton of PCI/PCIe bus errors

my next step was to do the Intel ME firmware update that Asus says to do, I read reports that it's not needed so initially I did not. No errors after doing so, but this has been intermittent up to this point so we will see.

alright, I think I may have resolved it. after much trial and error and research, it seems some people on various modern intel chipsets have had issues when using a gen 4 or 5 device. gigabyte made a post about it with a fix and an offer for a refund. the fix is to disable pci link state power management in the BIOS, and change the pch link speed from auto to gen 3(which doesn't matter because most people have their gpu running on the cpu lanes, not the chipset). i've done that and it seems to have worked, i know ive said that before but it's still showing no errors after several restarts, whereas prior it would always come back upon a reboot.

my issue does appear to be fixed now. ive been doing research all day and the consensus is that the link power state management for the pcie slot and ASPM cause the errors for some reason. i bet there are thousands, 10s of thousands of users out there that have these errors and have no idea. there is some good posts in the thread linked below about it, it's about high z590 chipset temps which i am also trying to mitigate. one of the lasts posts is apparently a user whos asus z590 board caught fire and claims asus paid him 90k, and he is withholding information because he signed an NDA. anyway, for people chasing this problem, it's a good resource

my pc is running fantastic now, no errors, no problems whatsoever.

I have for the past week encountered a problem where my screens freeze for a couple of seconds and then turn off, but i can still hear audio. this happens randomly and what i am doing does not seem to have an effect

pc specs are: Gigabyte aorus z590 pro ax, i5-11600k, 2x 8g Chorsair vengece, rx 570, Kingston SNV2S , Samsung 860 Qvo

I have for the past week encountered a problem where my screens freeze for a couple of seconds and then turn off, but i can still hear audio. this happens randomly and what i am doing does not seem to have an effect

pc specs are: Gigabyte aorus z590 pro ax, i5-11600k, 2x 8g Chorsair vengece, rx 570, Kingston SNV2S , Samsung 860 Qvo
You should maybe try disabling link state power management and disabling aspm in the bios. Gigabyte posted themselves that being the fix, for WHEA pcie error. Easy to do so worth a shot

I have the newest version of BIOS installed. But what should i do if the DBG file is to big to upload on this forum.

Here is the DBG file:

Those errors are caused by one of the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus Gaming drives. More precisely the one at bus 98.
Thank you. I think there is an actual error in that PCIE slot vs the card (hyper m.2 with 4 of those cards). I moved it to a different port and the errors stopped.

hi martin, i have also this error. Brandnew system.
13900kf, rtx 4090, 48 gb 7600mhz, Strx e Gaming z790.

WHEA errors PCIe-Buserror
in game, after a whole time freez, reboot.

can you check it plz? i can not ready this DBG File.
thanks a lot

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
hi martin, i have also this error. Brandnew system.
13900kf, rtx 4090, 48 gb 7600mhz, Strx e Gaming z790.

WHEA errors PCIe-Buserror
in game, after a whole time freez, reboot.

can you check it plz? i can not ready this DBG File.
thanks a lot

These are caused by the GeForce RTX 4090 GPU.

Back