Getting a ton of PCI/PCIe bus errors

here is a longer scan

Those errors are caused by the NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU.

It's always a good idea to update the bios when you first receive the motherboard anyway. early versions are usually... dodgy.
Also, if you ever touched the PCIE contacts on the GPU while manipulating it, it could cause issues, i even lost PCIE lanes that way. A swipe with microfiber wet with IPA and all back to normal. It could be a cause.

It's always a good idea to update the bios when you first receive the motherboard anyway. early versions are usually... dodgy.
Also, if you ever touched the PCIE contacts on the GPU while manipulating it, it could cause issues, i even lost PCIE lanes that way. A swipe with microfiber wet with IPA and all back to normal. It could be a cause.
Fingers crossed its a bios issue and not a problem stemming from the waterblock. I know the mobo is on a fairly early bios so I have high hopes. Should I disconnect my watercooling devices and gpu during bios update? Thank you for your help it's much appreciated

you don't have to disconnect anything during a bios update.
Affirm. I've only updated bios once before, on my old Rog Strix board, and it was sketchy. I also didn't unplug any of my many devices, so I was just curious if that's why it went a little awry. For now my pc hardly has anything connected so shouldn't be a concern. Thank you, I'll report back tonight.

if your motherboard has bios flashback functionality, make sure your usb drive is ready for it just in case :)
Formatted in FAT32, the bios file at the root of the drive (not in a folder) and use the bios renamer utility to rename the file.
If for any reason the bios update was to fail and brick your motherboard, you can still use the drive with bios flashback and make it work.

if your motherboard has bios flashback functionality, make sure your usb drive is ready for it just in case :)
Formatted in FAT32, the bios file at the root of the drive (not in a folder) and use the bios renamer utility to rename the file.
If for any reason the bios update was to fail and brick your motherboard, you can still use the drive with bios flashback and make it work.
Got it, thank you for the advice, I'll be giving it a go here in the next few hours

bios update complete and issue resolved, was really sweating there for a minute that i was going to have to drain it and take the card apart again. went really smooth, thanks for the help. ended up going to the latest bios that didnt require the intel me updates and crap, from march 2022, but it seems like its running a treat

Those errors are caused by the NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU.
I also got a lot of PCI/PCIe Bus Errors, could you please help take a look what is causing it?
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I also got a lot of PCI/PCIe Bus Errors, could you please help take a look what is causing it?
Thanks a lot.
I can't decode the debug but maybe try bios, most threads about this issue are fixed by bios update from what I've seen. Mine worked a treat, I've run a bunch of benchmarks and left it running for 12 hours with 0 errors now. I was getting ~20k a day before updating bios

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately the file you attached is missing the initial detection phase so while I see some information about the error, I'm unable to reliably tell which device is causing it. Please attach a new Debug File from the detection phase, it doesn't need to capture the error again.

now that I finalized my cable management, put the pc in it's home, and put the side panels on, im getting the same whea errors again. after running for 15 hours straight with zero

Unfortunately the file you attached is missing the initial detection phase so while I see some information about the error, I'm unable to reliably tell which device is causing it. Please attach a new Debug File from the detection phase, it doesn't need to capture the error again.
Would the attached Debug File do?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I can't decode the debug but maybe try bios, most threads about this issue are fixed by bios update from what I've seen. Mine worked a treat, I've run a bunch of benchmarks and left it running for 12 hours with 0 errors now. I was getting ~20k a day before updating bios
Thanks, before I posted the first log file, I already updated to latest bios, and reseated SSD stick which I suspect is causing the problem. However, the problem persists.

now the problem has returned, gpu driver update fixed momentarily, and it came back this morning. updated bios to most recent version, still happening. at this point i dont know what could be wrong other than physical damage to the gpu or mis-installation of the water block. could over tightening of a water block cause these problems? i dont understand how that would be the case, especially since it was already error-free for over 15 hours without doing anything to the block. im ready to throw this fuckin thing out the window

reporting back on my progress for anyone that might need this in the future. i didnt think i needed to update chipset during all this, because my chipset wasnt changing and it was the same mobo manufacturer. but updating chipset driver appears to have fixed it, hopefully permanently.

Back