GPU1 Memory Power not available on crossfire R9 390s?

I'm using HWiNFO in conjunction with Rainmeter to monitor the power usage of my setup.

I think Martin mentioned that many AMD cards could not explicitly allow HWiNFO to read total card power usage so I've made a rough workaround in Rainmeter by summing core power and memory power usage.

However currently HWiNFO only seems to display memory power for GPU0. Is this intended? And is there a better way to get total power usage for each card that I'm completely missing?

Bonus battlestation pics.

edit: added sensor screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_150607472.jpg
    IMG_20160416_150607472.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20160421_214603250.jpg
    IMG_20160421_214603250.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
Are you perhaps using the GPUs in CrossFire? That might be a reason why the second card doesn't provide all information.
Also if you attach the HWiNFO Debug File it might tell me more.

Martin said:
Are you perhaps using the GPUs in CrossFire? That might be a reason why the second card doesn't provide all information.
Also if you attach the HWiNFO Debug File it might tell me more.

Hey Martin! Big fan of your work here.
The GPUs were not in crossfire mode at the time I checked. I just restarted HWiNFO with crossfire off and checked again, same issue.
The debug file is attached.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    712.9 KB · Views: 1
It looks like both your GPUs provide valid GPU core and GPU memory power values. And not just those you highlighted, but also values straight from the GPU VRMs which can be seen on the screenshot just beneath the GPU main sensor.
Can you please look at the bottom of the sensor list if you can see the missing values there ?

Martin said:
It looks like both your GPUs provide valid GPU core and GPU memory power values. And not just those you highlighted, but also values straight from the GPU VRMs which can be seen on the screenshot just beneath the GPU main sensor.
Can you please look at the bottom of the sensor list if you can see the missing values there ?

I'm actually looking specifically for the secondary card's GPU memory power values which are not present anywhere on the screenshotted sensor list. The missing listings are Memory Current and Memory Power, present in GPU [#0] but not GPU [#1].

Can you please attach the full content of the sensors list? Best would be to run HWiNFO without Sensor-only mode, open sensors manually and then create a Report File making sure it contains the sensor data too.

Martin said:
Can you please attach the full content of the sensors list? Best would be to run HWiNFO without Sensor-only mode, open sensors manually and then create a Report File making sure it contains the sensor data too.

Sure, I've done that. Here's an html log.

Attachments

• OBSIDIAN.HTM
    497.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you. I think I found a bug in HWiNFO, which will be fixed in the next build.
Meanwhile I suggest to use the "GPU VRM Power Out (POUT)" values of the respective GPU VRM sensor.

Martin said:
Thank you. I think I found a bug in HWiNFO, which will be fixed in the next build.
Meanwhile I suggest to use the "GPU VRM Power Out (POUT)" values of the respective GPU VRM sensor.

Oh, awesome. Thanks for all your efforts.
I'll look into that.

Back