Hw Info slowing down computer reaction time

Hi,
firsly i want to say, thanks for HW info TOP and GREAT soft of that kind.

I have a problem with hw ifno for a while. I Uninstalled some program (cant remember which it was exactly) and prolly by uninstalling process was uninstalled some dll or something and hw info starts doing bit mess with my pc.
When i starts up hwinfo after some time, sometime its after 20mins sometime after an hour, hwinfo slowing down reaction of computer, when i have at background some playing video at youtube it stops and loading video (internet connection is ok) , and if im going to call some new page or refresh other page, its ends in infinite loading. Whole system reacts weird and slowly, other programs reacting also slowly. Its quite hard to describe, ristly experienced something like this.
When i kill hwinfo thru task manager i have to wait for some time, like minute and when hwinfo is "killed" everything works ok again and web pages and videos at youtube works with no issues.
Without hwinfo pc works without any problems.
Tried installation of hwinfo and portable version too, both producing same problems.

both debug files included in 7zip file

Attachments

• HWINFo.7z
    80.1 KB · Views: 1
This is difficult to determine without having direct access to the system. But if other programs run slow too, I'd recommend to completely re-install some drivers (clean uninstall and install again), especially GPU.

thx for response,
Other programs work fine, but they are torn down and slowed down by a system that is hampered by hwinfo. GPU drivers i reinstalled 2 days ago, i guess this is visible in report and debug file.

Try to disable some sensors (hit Del key over the heading) and after that check which one was causing this. I'd suggest to start with the GPU and SMART sensors.

Thank you Martin for advice, but i using hwinfo only for monitoring MB, CPU, RAM stuff, i dont use it for HDD SSD or GPU.
And again thank you for your help.

I had the same problem and ended up buying a Ryzen 3900x thinking it was the PC's fault! I mounted a Xeon 2678 last October and left this HWinfo64 to start with Windows and I didn't suspect anything. As the x99 is new to me, I thought the sluggishness in games and not being able to run youtube 4k was the fault of the Xing Ling processor or motherboard. So, a week ago, I ordered a Ryzen 3900x. I just need to get the new memories for me to build the new PC. However, by chance, 4 days ago I realized that in another Windows user (with no program at startup), the PC had twice as much performance and normally works on youtube 4K. It didn't make any sense, as I never imagined that a program could limit the PC that much (even though HWinfo64 never had a lot of CPU usage). It took me days trying to figure out which program was to blame.
If you open HWINFO64 (v6.35-4305), all games will have half FPS and any other type of use of graphics or videos is kind of slow and unviable above 1080p or in 4k.
Even if you close the program, the slowness remains.

Now if you start Windows and don't open HWinfo64 once, the PC works beautifully, with all 12 cores of the Xeon 2678 showing its strength.
I just finished testing with the latest beta version 7.01-4415 and the sluggishness remains the same.

I did tests with AIDA64 and MSI Afterburn. Neither of them causes problems for the PC's performance. The culprit was only HWinfo64.

Too bad I only found that out now, after spending a lot of money buying the Ryzen 3900x.

I had the same problem and ended up buying a Ryzen 3900x thinking it was the PC's fault! I mounted a Xeon 2678 last October and left this HWinfo64 to start with Windows and I didn't suspect anything. As the x99 is new to me, I thought the sluggishness in games and not being able to run youtube 4k was the fault of the Xing Ling processor or motherboard. So, a week ago, I ordered a Ryzen 3900x. I just need to get the new memories for me to build the new PC. However, by chance, 4 days ago I realized that in another Windows user (with no program at startup), the PC had twice as much performance and normally works on youtube 4K. It didn't make any sense, as I never imagined that a program could limit the PC that much (even though HWinfo64 never had a lot of CPU usage). It took me days trying to figure out which program was to blame.
If you open HWINFO64 (v6.35-4305), all games will have half FPS and any other type of use of graphics or videos is kind of slow and unviable above 1080p or in 4k.
Even if you close the program, the slowness remains.

Now if you start Windows and don't open HWinfo64 once, the PC works beautifully, with all 12 cores of the Xeon 2678 showing its strength.
I just finished testing with the latest beta version 7.01-4415 and the sluggishness remains the same.

I did tests with AIDA64 and MSI Afterburn. Neither of them causes problems for the PC's performance. The culprit was only HWinfo64.

Too bad I only found that out now, after spending a lot of money buying the Ryzen 3900x.
I realise this is an old post and thread, but the only time I've seen HWiNFO 'slow down' a system is in two scenarios; the first being having an obscene polling rate of 50ms (or anything under 2,000ms), and the second is when leaving HWiNFO running for over 600 hours, which is the case with my home server (basic Xeon E3-1220 v5). It ends up reducing performance by ~6% - outside the margin of error - based on a standardised x264 encode.

However, that's not an issue and is expected when requesting data from the ICs and system management bus (SMBus). With 50ms polling, that's at least 72,000 requests per hour for multiple readings. With polling at 2,000ms, it's only at least 1,800 requests per hour. And that's without logging enabled.

Back