HwIfno keeps opening if I close it

arne_iz_da

So I'm experiencing a kinda weird issue. Just installed HwInfo yesterday and had it running. Later on when I finished monitoring stuff I wanted to close it. The main window closed and the startup window popped up 
YWByStN.png

I tried to close it, it pops up again and again. Sometimes it takes more, sometimes less time. 
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/-cp7RxP3D7I[/video]

Very strange. What happens if you click Run and then close the sensors window, will it popup again?
Check Windows Task Scheduler if there isn't some task setup to launch HWiNFO automatically.

I just checked Task Scheduler - nothing suspicious here.
Startup in Taskmanager doesnt show something either.
JVrSL.png

Doesn't matter if I run sensors only or untick this option. It will come back again.
To stop this madness I had to kill the process and delete the .exe in its installdir.
Uninstalling did not work either. Only the unins000.exe and unins000.dat disappeared.

Uninstall didn't work probably because something spawns the process again and again, so the other files are locked.
HWiNFO doesn't have a feature to start again after closing. So there must be some other application in system, which is causing HWiNFO to restart.
Sorry, but I haven't seen such issue yet...

Martin said:
Uninstall didn't work probably because something spawns the process again and again, so the other files are locked.
HWiNFO doesn't have a feature to start again after closing. So there must be some other application in system, which is causing HWiNFO to restart.
Sorry, but I haven't seen such issue yet...

Just had an idea and I was right.
The application which is causing the start is in my case MSI Afterburner.
You have the option to monitor from additional sources like HwInfo.
Well, I already had this enabled in the past maybe about a year or so. Back then it did not start the program automatically as far as I can remember.

All problems solved, thank you for your support though.
JnUR1.png

[quote pid='19193' dateline='1535553950']
Just had an idea and I was right.
The application which is causing the start is in my case MSI Afterburner.
You have the option to monitor from additional sources like HwInfo.
Well, I already had this enabled in the past maybe about a year or so. Back then it did not start the program automatically as far as I can remember.

I had the same problem. It was afterburner too.
[/quote]

I was just about to report this same issue, lol well now that I know what it is I will go on about my business like nothing ever happened lol

Literally been raging at HWInfo for the last hour trying to figure this out. This thread saved my sanity.

Could HWInfo get some kind of notification when its been launched by MSI AB? Save other people raging at it?

Can anyone tell me where to turn the setting off in Afterburner? It's annoying to have it keep popping up when I didn't prompt for the info...

I haven't seen such option in MSI AB, but it would be nice if they would add such. I will check with the MSI AB author.

Alex (MSI AB/RTSS author) says that you can configure the re-spawning of HWiNFO via respective plugin configuration files which is documented on their forums.

Can anyone tell me where to turn the setting off in Afterburner? It's annoying to have it keep popping up when I didn't prompt for the info...
Afterburner v4.6.4.16255 (Year 2021) neither has any dedicated setting, and neither activates hwinfo.
Entire topic this is from 2018 = OLD story

I have not install Rivatuner Statistics server at my box.

This cannot be solved in HWiNFO, it has no control when other application is launching it. Also, in many cases this feature might be useful.

Also, in many cases this feature might be useful.
At the moment, this function infuriates me, since it does not allow installing HWiNFO updates, due to the fact that the program itself starts and the update stops there.

You can deactivate this option by editing the "HwInfo.cfg" file in "\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Plugins\Monitoring\HwInfo.cfg"

Change:
[Settings]
Spawn = 2
To:
[Settings]
Spawn = 0

Restarting MSI Afterburner might be needed after the change.

I made an account to comment my solution.

It seems that MSI AB can monitor some UPS values related to voltages and I've noticed that to do that it uses some HwInfo DLL.
It can't fetch any values anyways(for me, it might show voltage values for you) so I turned off monitoring of those UPS values and it stopped starting HwInfo.

Back