Hwinfo 7.06 and all pervious version i tried not showing vrm value especially power value on asus hd7970 dcu2

RicardoK

Hwinfo 7.06 and all pervious version not showing vrm value especially power value and vrm temp on asus hd7970 dcu2 gpu, in aida64 program it show no problem, note that aida64 "gpu core" and "gpu vrm" is different, "gpu core" show vid command signal voltage where "gpu vrm" show realtime sensor reading output of gpu core voltage from vrm. I already try posible setting on hwinfo, latest amd driver possible like 21.5.2 nothing work. Im using alot driver 21.3.1whql driver because most stable for me hehe.Screenshot_20210923-194021_Gallery.jpg
I hope hwinfo still support old hardware like am using lol.
And please hwinfo could show direct api program it show on rtss, i love using rtss combine with hwinfo in game, rarely use afterburner because lack many hw reading and customizable.
Thank You.

Do you have GPU I2C Support enabled? If yes, try to do a "Reset GPU I2C Cache".
If that won't help, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

Thank You for reply, yes i tried resetting gpu i2c cache even force to use it with gpu i2c support already enabled with no exception, i think to get reading, must read directly from power management gpu ic CHiL CHL8228 (ATI-Diode, 44h), not from radeon driver as it maybe not providing the data on older gpu. Thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    517.9 KB · Views: 1
  • report.HTM
    113 KB · Views: 3
HWiNFO tries to access the CHL directly. Try to disable "GPU I2C Caching" and "GPU I2C via ADL" too.

I also already try that, not of them works, sorry if that feature couldn't be available right now its no probem. i am using hwinfo for like 98% of gaming session from version 4 with rtss, its long story, its great program, customizable, and i still plan using it . Thank You.

It used to work for those series of GPUs, so I'm really wondering why it doesn't. Can you perhaps try some quite old HWiNFO version, a few years ago?

It not get reading from ver4, i never test lower ver than 4 with this particular gpu. maybe this attachment help, or just dlete it if i illegl uploadd here .

Attachments

• a64debugsensor.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It used to work for those series of GPUs, so I'm really wondering why it doesn't. Can you perhaps try some quite old HWiNFO version, a few years ago?
Ok i will try , but maybe tomorrow, im from indonesia here already 01 am lol. Im happy to help.

It not get reading from ver4, i never test lower ver than 4 with this particular gpu. maybe this attachment help, or just dlete it if i illegl uploadd here .

Thanks, but I'll rather need the ATI SMBus dump from AIDA64.

I tried hwinfo 3.93 32 bit but it crashed every time when flushing buffer, its seem it crash the drive driver, i have to reset the pc. I try reset preferences not work either, preferences doesn't contain option to disable flushing the buffer. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-023237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-023237_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Back