HWinfo Can't Control Fans Anymore (Dell 7577)

nad

Hello,

I wanted clean my laptop and i reinstalled windows by deleting everything. Before this process HWinfo was working great, after i installed on new setup it couldn't control fans. Everything seems normal, but after applying the settings, it controls fans for 1 second and then again the fans are out of control.

Am i missing something? I have a headache from the fan noise :/ Please help..

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    93.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    101 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    82.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
Try to enable "Use System Auto Control Method 1" or "Use System Auto Control Method 2" options if one of them will keep the fans stable.

I tried it, it didn't work. I downgraded the bios version then reinstalled everything including windows. It works gerat now. I was starting to think about selling it. Thanks for this awesome program, without that, I'd go crazy with that fan noise.

Yes, it can be. I used with new BIOS version for almost 2 weeks and there was no problem. After cleaning-reinstalling it didn't work. I can't find the reason but i will not upgrade BIOS again.

For those who may have the same problem, i downgraded BIOS 1.11.0 > 1.10.0 > 1.9.3 (Rollback option in bios recover) with this way https://www.dell.com/support/articl...the-bios-on-a-dell-computer-or-tablet?lang=en

Hello there, hope you can help me. I tried to do the same recovery on my DELL 7577, but each time it attempts to look for the BIOS image either on the hard drive or at the USB-C drive. I am unable to use the other USB ports in order to downgrade the bios version. Can you help with that? How did you update?

Hello there, hope you can help me. I tried to do the same recovery on my DELL 7577, but each time it attempts to look for the BIOS image either on the hard drive or at the USB-C drive. I am unable to use the other USB ports in order to downgrade the bios version. Can you help with that? How did you update?
I don't know is it necessary but firstly i downloaded "1.10.0" 2 bios files to the USB memory stick (used left side usb port).

"BIOS_IMG.rcv" and " Insprion_7577_Vostro_7570_1.10.0.exe" (https://www.dell.com/support/home/t...ode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7577-laptop) I think "BIOS_IMG.rcv" is required file.

After downgrade i changed bios files in usb with "Insprion_7577_Vostro_7570_1.9.3.exe" there was not ".rcv" file on this version, only ".exe" avaible (https://www.dell.com/support/home/t...ode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7577-laptop) i used same way but there was another option in menu, it name is "Rollback", i used this option then successfully downgraded to 1.9.3

My English is not good, please ask me if you don't understand.

I don't know is it necessary but firstly i downloaded "1.10.0" 2 bios files to the USB memory stick (used left side usb port).

"BIOS_IMG.rcv" and " Insprion_7577_Vostro_7570_1.10.0.exe" (https://www.dell.com/support/home/t...ode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7577-laptop) I think "BIOS_IMG.rcv" is required file.

After downgrade i changed bios files in usb with "Insprion_7577_Vostro_7570_1.9.3.exe" there was not ".rcv" file on this version, only ".exe" avaible (https://www.dell.com/support/home/t...ode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7577-laptop) i used same way but there was another option in menu, it name is "Rollback", i used this option then successfully downgraded to 1.9.3

My English is not good, please ask me if you don't understand.

Hi, thanks so much for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am still unable to downgrade :( Did you format your USB drive in a specific way?

After I do CTRL + ESC (with usb plugged in while laptop is off) I get a menu with 3 options (version 1.11.00 bios) - recover bios, reset bios settings to default, rollback bios. Option 1 and 3 never try to locate my USB drive. The process of flashing starts immediately, but it seems as the computer flashes from FS0 partition, not from USB drive :(

Was that the same on your side?

Hi, thanks so much for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am still unable to downgrade :( Did you format your USB drive in a specific way?

After I do CTRL + ESC (with usb plugged in while laptop is off) I get a menu with 3 options (version 1.11.00 bios) - recover bios, reset bios settings to default, rollback bios. Option 1 and 3 never try to locate my USB drive. The process of flashing starts immediately, but it seems as the computer flashes from FS0 partition, not from USB drive :(

Was that the same on your side?
I guess it was in FAT32 format. And i used left side USB slot. I didn't remember if there was a flashing message about "from USB".

I guess it was in FAT32 format. And i used left side USB slot. I didn't remember if there was a flashing message about "from USB".

I see. I tried several times, but it never wants to read from the USB I'm afraid :(( Are there any specific steps you did? Was the USB bootable? After you turned off your laptop and did CTRL+ESC --> then what did you do exactly?

I see. I tried several times, but it never wants to read from the USB I'm afraid :(( Are there any specific steps you did? Was the USB bootable? After you turned off your laptop and did CTRL+ESC --> then what did you do exactly?
I didn't sprecific things. After these steps there was a menu which includes "Recover BIOS","Reset BIOS Settings to Default" options. Then i clicked to "Recover BIOS" in first time.

Could you have forgotten "BIOS_IMG.rcv" file in USB?

I didn't sprecific things. After these steps there was a menu which includes "Recover BIOS","Reset BIOS Settings to Default" options. Then i clicked to "Recover BIOS" in first time.

Could you have forgotten "BIOS_IMG.rcv" file in USB?

I formatted the USB to a bootable drive with free MSDOS, set FAT32 filesystem. I turned on legacy in BIOS and turned off the protection (tried without those settings too). Then I turn off the laptop, do CTRL+ESC, press recover bios and the procedure tries to recover from my hard drive , not from the USB :( It always recovers to 1.11.0. I used rufus to format the USB.

For the first downgrade there is no .rcv file - version 1.10.0 has only .exe, not .rcv. Looks like it's only available with the 1.93 bios version.

I formatted the USB to a bootable drive with free MSDOS, set FAT32 filesystem. I turned on legacy in BIOS and turned off the protection (tried without those settings too). Then I turn off the laptop, do CTRL+ESC, press recover bios and the procedure tries to recover from my hard drive , not from the USB :( It always recovers to 1.11.0. I used rufus to format the USB.

For the first downgrade there is no .rcv file - version 1.10.0 has only .exe, not .rcv. Looks like it's only available with the 1.93 bios version.
Check again please, there is a .rcv file.
Opera Anlık Görüntü_2020-09-26_205502_www.dell.com.png

Just tried it, but I got the same results. The laptop flashes the same bios 1.11.0 and it does not attempt to look at the USB drive.

What software did you use to format your USB drive? Rufus? Or just format via Windows?

windows had prepared the usb for format itself. I just copied .rcv file into usb later.

What happens when you try Rollback option?

windows had prepared the usb for format itself. I just copied .rcv file into usb later.

What happens when you try Rollback option?

It always flashes the 1.11.0 version no matter what I select after I do the CTRL + ESC combo. It never reads from the USB. How did you format it exactly?
What steps did you take exactly? Did you do anything specific in the BIOS? Any additional info will help.

I did almost same in this video(from 01:40) (my .rcv file was ready)

I don't remember but is there anything about step 3?

How do I initiate BIOS Recovery on a Dell desktop or all-in-one computer?
  1. Restart the computer.
  2. Press and hold the CTRL key + ESC key on the keyboard until the BIOS Recovery page appears.
  3. On the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press the Enter key. Select Disabled and press the Enter key to save the current BIOS settings.
  4. Select Recover BIOS and press the Enter key to start the recovery process.

I did almost same in this video(from 01:40) (my .rcv file was ready)

I don't remember but, is there anything about step 3?

I was finally able to downgrade to 1.9.3. For some reason those official steps did not work for me so what I did was I mounted my EFI drive and overwrote the bios images on my hard drive with those I had downloaded earlier. Flashed 1.10 first and then flashed 1.9.3. I can undervolt now :) Thanks so much for trying to help out, regards.

I was finally able to downgrade to 1.9.3. For some reason those official steps did not work for me so what I did was I mounted my EFI drive and overwrote the bios images on my hard drive with those I had downloaded earlier. Flashed 1.10 first and then flashed 1.9.3. I can undervolt now :) Thanks so much for trying to help out, regards.
You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that.:)

Back