HwInfo doesnt properly scale if you switch between two monitors

maffle

I am using two different monitors I switch between often, one 1080p with 100% DPI scaling, and the other 4k with 200% DPI scaling. The problem is now, that HwInfo doesnt properly auto scales if you switch the monitor, resulting in something like this:

lARl2g1.png

Or the opposite, where everything is outscaled dramatically.

It would be nice, if there was an auto scale function, which properly scales the window, or HwInfo saves the scale for different monitors/resolutions/DPI options.

I noticed this just happens if you switch the monitor while being in the same Windows session. If you log out or restart Windows it is fixed again the next time HwInfo starts.

Last edited:
Per-monitor DPI scaling is a feature in Windows and I have tried to support this some time ago but it didn't work. The system didn't deliver the required messages for some reason...

this is strange, in WPF you just need to add one line to the manifest file to make it work

Code:
<dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>

What language is hwinfo written in?

It's not that simple as one needs to explicitly handle dynamic DPI changes and redraw all components. There is a window message notifying about such change but when I tested this, the message wasn't arriving.
HWiNFO is written mostly in C++.

Back