HWInfo Manual Fan Control not "Available" anymore for my PC

Hi. I own an Alienware M17 with:
RTX 2070MQ
i7 8750H
etc...
and I found through someone else recommending me software to help manually control my computers temps as the fans would always kick in "late" however since HWInfo 740 came out and I downloaded it the option for me to manually control my fans is faded out?

Please attach a screenshot of the option faded out and the HWiNFO Debug File.

1677180973660.png
As shown per the screenshot the sliders to alter the fan speeds are greyed/white out, normally if I could toggle them they'd be blue. I have also attempted to locate the debug file however not located it yet. Am still looking for the debug file however. Also faded out are Set Manual, System Auto and Custom Auto From "Fan 1" to "Fan 3" although I do only use "Fan 1" and "Fan 2"

Quick note... I have been able to manually control my fans in the past however after updating to 740 I can't (thus I am here).
the values were:
Fan 1: Min: 0rpm Mid: 2400rpm Max: 3907rpm
Fan 2: Min: 0rpm Mid 2600rpm Max: 4096rpm
1677181824069.png

I located the DBG file however when I tried to upload it came up with:
Should I open the DBG in Notepad and paste it into here?
1677182177803.png

Are you sure this problem started after a HWiNFO64 update?
According to the data you provided the interefaces used by HWiNFO in notebook BIOS/firmware don't support temperature/fan speed monitoring and control.

Are you sure this problem started after a HWiNFO64 update?
According to the data you provided the interefaces used by HWiNFO in notebook BIOS/firmware don't support temperature/fan speed monitoring and control.
I can see on the sensors pane everything from individual CPU core temps, hotspot temps, the GPU and GPU hotspot temps. I also definitely remember previously having manually set fan speeds on HWiNFO. The only other thing I did do alongside the update was a GPU driver update if that could make a difference?

I don't think the GPU driver would make a difference here. But a BIOS update would.
Please try an older HWiNFO version if that will show fan speeds.

Then if you're sure that you saw fan speed in some older HWiNFO version and you performed a BIOS update, I think the new BIOS disabled the interface used by HWiNFO.

Then if you're sure that you saw fan speed in some older HWiNFO version and you performed a BIOS update, I think the new BIOS disabled the interface used by HWiNFO.
Not sure what the difference was but got an Intel processor driver update and now the fans thing is all working again... But thanks for helping :) 1677419923339.png

Back