HWInfo not starting and preventing PC from turning off.

Gilded

Hey,

I recently built a new system and HWInfo was working as I first booted the system up maybe a month ago. But now whenever I start HWInfo (sensors only), it will just not start up.
What is really wierd is when I shut windows 10 down it looks like everything shuts down as it should but it never powers off entirely. Also pressing the power button afterwards will do nothing.
I need to hold the power button to shut down. This only happens if I started HWInfo.

I've attached the dbg log

Thanks for all the effort. I really appreciate the hard work put into the application and hope to be able to use it again.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    658.1 KB · Views: 2
This is a known problem of some ASUS boards when using other monitoring tools. We're intensively working with ASUS to resolve this.
Upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version, that might solve the problem, but you will loose some sensors.
ASUS should have also a BIOS update that might fix this, but I'm not sure if they already released it for your board.

Martin said:
This is a known problem of some ASUS boards when using other monitoring tools. We're intensively working with ASUS to resolve this.
Upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version, that might solve the problem, but you will loose some sensors.
ASUS should have also a BIOS update that might fix this, but I'm not sure if they already released it for your board.

Thanks, that helped.

I had the same problem. It would generate a ACPI Error 13 in the Event Viewer as well.

What I learned is that I made the mistake of hitting "Do not monitor this sensor" on the Sensor Warning: ASUS EC warning page and then clicking the ~ "Don't show this warning again." option. It appears I was stuck.

After updating to 5.9 today, the warning page thankfully came back and I made sure not to ignore the EC sensor.

After a Bios Update for my Asus B450 Strix to Version 1001 HWInfo dont start and i cant reboot my System afterwards.
I tried to activate or deactivate EC in the Options but nothing helped.
I cant use HWInfo. Sad i very liked it before.
Can you please make a Patch or talk to Asus.

(Sorry for my bad English im German)

I will implement a workaround for this to avoid using ASUS WMI functions. Just a few minutes...

There is a workaround possible for this problem.
Open the HWiNFO64.INI file in a text editor (right-click and Edit) and put the following line at the end of the file:
AsusWMI=0

Use this as a temporary workaround for this BIOS version and once ASUS releases an update that fixes this, you should remove that line.

Martin said:
There is a workaround possible for this problem.
Open the HWiNFO64.INI file in a text editor (right-click and Edit) and put the following line at the end of the file:
AsusWMI=0

Use this as a temporary workaround for this BIOS version and once ASUS releases an update that fixes this, you should remove that line.

Works great..... i can use HW Info again. Thx for your Help.

v5.91-3555 Beta adds a workaround for flawed STRIX BIOSes that should no longer require you to modify the INI file to make it work.

Back