HWiNFO v7.73-5380 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.73-5380 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added fully integrated OSD.
  • Windows XP support dropped in HWiNFO64.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS NUC series.
  • Improved health monitoring of some NVMe drives connected via Intel RST.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PRO WIFI.
  • Revamped Auto Start mechanism to better reflect actual state.
  • Fixed automatic startup (via a launcher) due to new requirements for OSD.
  • Fixed some bugs in OSD configuration.
  • Added support of Aquacomputer VISION and VISION RGBpx sensors.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on new GIGABYTE Z790 and B760 series mainboards.
  • Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 (AD103) and GeForce RTX 4060 (AD106).

For more information about the new OSD see:

Could be my PC that's borked but, after updating, and even after restartng the PC, HWinfo does not start. A process shows up in the task manager but it does nothing and HWinfo doesn't open.
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no luck. uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, same.
Rolling back to the latest non beta release works.

Edit: nevermind, it seems to be the same problem as here : https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/auto-start-issue.9517/#post-44226

Could be my PC that's borked but, after updating, and even after restartng the PC, HWinfo does not start. A process shows up in the task manager but it does nothing and HWinfo doesn't open.
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no luck. uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, same.

Edit: nevermind, it seems to be the same problem as here : https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/auto-start-issue.9517/#post-44226
So it doesn't start automatically but manually it does?

exact the same for me. does also not start manually. Rolled Back to working Beta 5375.
Gr2mOHU.png

exact the same for me. does also not start manually. Rolled Back to working Beta 5375.
Gr2mOHU.png

Please enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO, run and when it remains hanging kill the task and attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it produced.

Looks like the problem is the newly added support of Aquacomputer VISION, it doesn't work properly and blocks.

So it doesn't start automatically but manually it does?
no, even manually it doesn't.
i see a process in memory on task manager, but the main window never shows up, and Aquasuite doesn't pick up shared memory, so that background process seem to do nothing.

Not your fault :D Mine.
For me, HWINFO v7.73-5380 will not start when the Vision USB is connected.

I updated both machines to v7.73-5380 beta. Machine A (no Vision) - v5380 installed and worked fine. Machine B (Vision) - v5380 installed but would not run while the Vision was connected to USB. The launcher worked and HWINFO appeared in Task Manager with ~0.1% CPU load, but the main sensor panel did not appear. I tried running previous v7.73-5375 which started ok but not until I ended the HWINFO task in task manager that v-5380 created. I tried to start -v5380 again. I saw HWINFO in Task Manager again but no main sensor panel. I unplugged the Vision USB and the main sensor panel opened. So the Vision seems to be causing it to hang.

I feel I should mention that when I booted up Machine B prior to updating HWINFO, 1 of 2 Power Adjust 3's did not appear in Aquasuite or HWINFO. Device Manager showed "This device cannot start (Code 10). I rebooted and it came back online. Since this happened before I updated HWINFO I don't think its related, but it is odd. It has never done that before.

to Martin

OS Win7 SP1 X64, command (I use Far Manger v3.0.6281.0 (Private) x64)

start /i HWiNFO64

- extracted HWiNFO64Launcher.exe, start OK! Thanks!

Back