HWiNFO32 not detecting second Optiarc.

POCUK

Hello,

First thankyou, HWiNFO is excellent, and very useful to me. And generous to make it available as freeware. Second, I have noticed that HWiNFO32 doesn't list my second Optiarc drive under (S)ATA/ATAPI devices.

[attachment=0]

They are identical units, same model, well bought together at the same time. Both drives function normally within windows. As instructed in the sticky I have attached a DBG file and a LOG.

[attachment=2]

[attachment=1]

Thanks.
Si.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.LOG
    104 KB · Views: 32
  • HWiNFO32.DBG
    235.1 KB · Views: 27
  • no2ndoptiarc.jpg
    no2ndoptiarc.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 292
I checked the data and it happens because both Optiarc drivers return the same identification data and they do not contain a serial number which could distinguish them.
There's a countermeasure in HWiNFO32 which ignores other instances of a drive detected when it returns the exactly same data to prevent situations that occur on some systems/drivers. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this now..

HWiNFO64 not detecting third 5k3000

Probably, the same problem. Or maybe not — all of 5k3000 have got unique serial numbers.
Also, the report configurator is way too weird. Wanted to report only storage subsystem, had to click every damn checkbox, and then it just ignored...

Re: HWiNFO64 not detecting third 5k3000

What's not properly reported here, is there one drive missing ?
I know about the configurator issue, the problem is that checking an upper node doesn't affect its subnodes. Will try to fix it, but if I recall correctly the controls don't send proper notifications in this case, so it seems to be rather a system issue.

ckotick said:
Probably, the same problem. Or maybe not — all of 5k3000 have got unique serial numbers.
Also, the report configurator is way too weird. Wanted to report only storage subsystem, had to click every damn checkbox, and then it just ignored...

Yes, one of the three HDS5C is missing. Probably, the one attached to port #4 of SB750.
I've just attached the 5th HDD to port #5, it was detected by the program. However, it has very basic description (maybe, it's not fully described in your DB; it's another one Hitachi — HDS721010CLA332). And there are still only two of HDS5C3020ALA632 listed.
I've started typing the previous message with one thought, switched to another, so didn't point out the problem directly. Sorry.

It seems the SB750 drivers don't report the drive. Can you try to update the SATA/AHCI/RAID driver?
Port #5 is also attached to SB750 ?

Well, I've got the latest AHCI drivers installed. Can try controller set up in "native IDE" or RAID mode, but don't really want to.
There are two strange SATA ports in SB750, numbered #4 and #5. Ports #0..#3 can be set up in one of the three modes ("native ide", "ahci", "raid"), then #4 and #5 have two options: "as sata" or "native ide".
I think, you're right, the problem is with drivers. And low-level IO access doesn't work. But SpeedFan works well. :p

Back