HWiNFO64 CPU Die (Average) Spike?

If anyone is using FanControl or LibreHardwareMonitor along with HWiNFO, try without them as they can interfere with HWiNFO.
Does any software that measures temps and voltages cause a conflict with Hwinfo or is it just those two? I wrote in a previous post of mine that when Hwinfo gave me a warning for exceeding voltages and temperatures , AMD's Adrenaline software registered those spikes too but I havent seen those spikes yet when solely using the metrics overlay(Adrenaline) and graphs for both CPU Temps and Voltage to monitor it on the go. Is it even possible that Hwinfo, or whatever the culprit for this is, could cause this behaviour to appear on a different measuring software?

Not any software, only some that use certain interfaces and lack interlocking mechanisms.

So given the fact that it happened with/on Adrenaline, im assuming it is one of them? Also, i dont know if you already knew this , but i just wanted to inform you that its not always doubling the readout, from the numbers i could observe it also sometimes adds 16,67%, 25% or 67%.

Since v8.00 didn't have any changes for this issue, the difference was probably something else you did.
Yes, please go ahead with v8.01-5425.
Like suspected, this v8.01-5425 also gives me correct values.

So I think we're onto something here, because the only thing I changed in my setup that made the values correct even in v8.00 was to correct the error that showed up in event viewer with ID 7000 failed to load AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 and having both AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 and AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 entries in registry.

Removal with AMDCleanupUtility in safemode, and clean installing the chiptset driver after it, corrected my readings with HWiNFO I suspect.

Again, for people having this problem please check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services in regedit and scroll down a bit to check if you have 1, or 2 diferent version entries in there to check if it is the cause.

Just to be sure I'll use next few days the 7.72 version that I first reported here giving me double readings, if it gives me correct values then we'll know it is system related, and not HWiNFO related.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is not the case of being system related and not HWiNFO related, because in the old version 7.72 the double readings came back. Also the Average Active Core Count goes above the CPU 6 cores.

Error.png

So I don't know but something is diferent for me between the v7.72 and the v8.00, because v8.00 and newer doesn't show me these readings, even using other metric tools as AF or AMD OSD.

Back