HWiNFO64 in beautifull review

trodas

It is really pathetic, how the measuting is done. For such price for the CPU, these sensors should be at least as precise, as normal mainboard sensors! Not such erratic crap...

What are intel sensors in i3, i5 CPU's? Never have to touch one yet, so I better asking to be prepared :)
(not being an Intel or AMD fanboy... but I do applaud for the Mantle to AMD :) )

trodas said:
It is really pathetic, how the measuting is done. For such price for the CPU, these sensors should be at least as precise, as normal mainboard sensors! Not such erratic crap...

What are intel sensors in i3, i5 CPU's? Never have to touch one yet, so I better asking to be prepared :)
(not being an Intel or AMD fanboy... but I do applaud for the Mantle to AMD :) )

Don't forget that the Intel DTS sensors for the CPU were created for one main purpose, to monitor when the CPU is overheating so it can protect itself by throttling. They were not designed for users to monitor CPU temperatures, at least in the beginning. So all it needs to do is be fairly accurate at high temperatures. Some of the earlier Intel chipsets with thermal sensors would not provide temperature data below 50C, others about 40C. I wondered why my chipset temperatures (thanks to HWiNFO) would never change from 50C, until I read about it in an Intel document.

I also found HWiNFO being used by another review site, Xbit Labs:

Xbit Labs Uses HWiNFO

It is about time! I'm so sick of the lousy CPU-Z screenshots (yes, IMO) that are too simple. So much more information available from HWiNFO, where else can you find total DRAM power, chipset temperature, SSD temperature, etc, etc, all in one package?!

I've used HWiNFO for years, nothing better! :cool:

Back