HWiNFO64 stuck detecting ata/scsi drive

Ah yes, such issue has already been discovered by some users, although it didn't result in a hang, just inability to detect/access some drives or showing of a warning.
I'm afraid this cannot be fixed on our side as it's controlled by the Windows protection.

Ah yes, such issue has already been discovered by some users, although it didn't result in a hang, just inability to detect/access some drives or showing of a warning.
I'm afraid this cannot be fixed on our side as it's controlled by the Windows protection.
Hi, plz help, i have some problem

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    28 bytes · Views: 2
Hi, plz help, i have some problem

I'm sorry but the attached DBG file is not the one created during the problem. You most likely run HWiNFO again which overwrote the previous one. Please attach a new DBG.

UPDATE: Issue seems to have been resolved after a Windows System Restore.

UPDATE 2: I have discovered the root cause of this bug/issue. When I enabled ransomeware protection in Windows Security, the issue occurred and HWinfo would hang. I have now allowed HWinfo64.exe through controlled folder access and it works fine. Not sure if you guys want to look into this or not for a future patch.
Old thread, but UPDATE 2 above just solved the same ATA/SATA deadlock I was seeing on my newly build AM5 system, although the ransomeware product was within BitDefender... Thx @nekminnit!

Back