HwReceiver/HwTransmitter (Android App)

I still think its some kind of firewall or router configuration problem... maybe there is already something running on the port i used ... gonna check it during the weekend. Thx for reporting the problem !

You're welcome. I want to use this, so I will check back on this thread for any potential fixes. Looks like an excellent tool.

Side note... maybe get the word out at Tech|Inferno and Notebook Review Forums about your app and more testers. I have a hunch a lot of people would be excited about using this. I only found it Googling for something to remote monitor my CPU and GPU clocks and temps from my Android phone and tablet.

Thank you sir. I appreciate you and your marvelous product. I would be lost without HWiNFO64.

Hi, i tested the app on multiple desktop devices including win 7, win 8.1 and win 10. The following android versions where tested: 4.x , 5.0 and 6.0. And all tests where successful.

From your screenshot i can see that your phone could not establish a connection. HwInfoTransmitter would have print a message like "client (ip here) connected...".

my best bet is still some firewall issue... and please make sure port 8881 is not already used.
Try to disable your firewall and restart HwInfoTransmitter. If it works with disabled firewall then some rules prevent it from running with turned on firewall.

In addition to that: on the first start of hwinfotransmitter windows asks you which networks it can access... make sure to allow the networka you gonna use.

And if you have a rather new android device you might need to go to application permissions and allow network permissions.... i am not sure since what android version this is required but i ll check which target sdk version i used and request permissions during runtime if needed in the next update

Pappschachtel said:
Hi, i tested the app on multiple desktop devices including win 7, win 8.1 and win 10. The following android versions where tested: 4.x , 5.0 and 6.0. And all tests where successful.

From your screenshot i can see that your phone could not establish a connection. HwInfoTransmitter would have print a message like "client (ip here) connected...".

my best bet is still some firewall issue... and please make sure port 8881 is not already used.
Try to disable your firewall and restart HwInfoTransmitter. If it works with disabled firewall then some rules prevent it from running with turned on firewall.

In addition to that: on the first start of hwinfotransmitter windows asks you which networks it can access... make sure to allow the networka you gonna use.

And if you have a rather new android device you might need to go to application permissions and allow network permissions.... i am not sure since what android version this is required but i ll check which target sdk version i used and request permissions during runtime if needed in the next update

I just looked at the Android App permissions and it say it has full network access. Disabling Windows Firewall does not help. I will have to see about my router settings.

Pappschachtel said:
what android version do you have ?

Hi. My phone has Android 4.4.2.

I tried disabling Windows and my router firewall and no luck. I also replaced my router yesterday, and still not able to get the app to connect to HWiNFO.

Mr. Fox said:
Pappschachtel said:

I tried disabling Windows and my router firewall and no luck. I also replaced my router yesterday, and still not able to get the app to connect to HWiNFdid you tried 
did you try with local ip ?

Pappschachtel said:
Mr. Fox said:
Pappschachtel said:

I tried disabling Windows and my router firewall and no luck. I also replaced my router yesterday, and still not able to get the app to connect to HWiNFdid you tried 
did you try with local ip ?

I am not sure what you mean. If you can explain that and tell me how I would be happy to try it.

I do not know why, but I am happy it started working. Nice Android app. Good job.

On my phone the formatting is not too bad. See first screen shot. On the tablet, it is not really usable due to pagination issues., with all of the text crammed together. See second screen shot.

Is it possible to configure the UI for a simple table with no icons? Something that looks similar to the HWiNFO64 sensors table, where more data could be shown on-screen at once, without the large circular icons?

Quick_Memo_2016_12_22_15_52_19.png

Screenshot_2016_12_22_15_53_39.png

ah cool :)

thx for the screenshot i think i know why it looks so ugly on the tablet gonna fix it asap,
just a simple value should be wrong.

Can you please tell me what resolution your devices have and/or what devices those two are ?

And about the request for the list layout: i'll do an alternative layout during the next two weeks ;)

Mr. Fox said:
The tablet is a Kindle Fire that has been rooted. The 7-inch screen is 1024x600'

Phone is a LG G Vista that has been rooted. The 5.7-inch screen is 1280x720

Thx for the valuable info. Gonna see if i can fix it. Update will be out soon(1-3 days).

Nice little app!

Any way to make the sensors static so that they do not change when opening and closing hwinfo or hiding sensors for other reasons. Or even resetting the sensors order back to factory?

Also, maybe a way to drag sensors around to the right order with out having to add/delete and change sensor numbering.

Thanks.

Back