HwReceiver/HwTransmitter (Android App)

After the update, the icon to add a new server is no longer functional. I touch it or touch and hold and nothing happens. This is on my tablet and phone.

The layout on the phone is unchanged from what I can tell. Nothing looks different.

I am unable to test on the tablet. I deleted the old servers and since the icon to add a server is not functional I cannot use the app without a server/connection. (This is how I discovered the icon to add server was broken.)

My phone is entering in sleep mode after a while...you should implement always on on this app, that would be great!

XPredator13 said:
My phone is entering in sleep mode after a while...you should implement always on on this app, that would be great!

thats a good idea. my phone has a long time set up to enter standby so i didnt noticed that.

Anyways, added a little settings menu:
-dark theme
-wipe database (in case strange stuff happens)

Fixes and improvements:
-deleted servers entries now clean up all the other unnesessary stuff in the app's database
-added a "connection lost" dialog so you finally see if you couldn't establish a connection for what ever reason...
-tweaked the connection abit, should work a bit better now

if somebody could test the app on large tablets and post some screens or even photos for size comparison, that would be cool :)

that's it so far happy new year  :p

love the app and just been testing it out a bit. I'm on windows 10 64bit home edition and hwtransmit has been crashing eventvwr has limited information that I don't know if it is useful

first time it crashed eventvwr had this info:

Application Error:

Faulting application name: HwInfoTransmitter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x3a746567
Faulting process id: 0x1ff4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d26ec0d3edbacf
Faulting application path: C:\Users\easte\Desktop\HWT\HwInfoTransmitter.exe
Faulting module path: unknown

Second time Application error:

Faulting application name: HwInfoTransmitter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: Qt5Widgets.dll, version: 5.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x01d8d4c8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00134e6b
Faulting process id: 0xcfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d26ec1674993bd
Faulting application path: C:\Users\easte\Desktop\HWT\HwInfoTransmitter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\easte\Desktop\HWT\Qt5Widgets.dll

any ideas? is there a compatibility setting I should change or?

Its probably just a bug in the programm. I am already aware of a one bug and i think i jave fixed that already but havent released it so far. Give me a little bit of time and i ll upload a fixed version.

Pappschachtel said:
Its probably just a bug in the programm. I am already aware of a one bug and i think i jave fixed that already but havent released it so far. Give me a little bit of time and i ll upload a fixed version.

ya thanks just thought id bring it up, love the app.. cheers

Hello,

nice tool, thx for working on this ! :)

Some bugs ..

- I can see all sensors in the app but when I pick them to assign them, I see the original sensor names. In HWInfo I did rename all sensors, like "Drive Temperature" is now SSD, but I cannot see SSD in the App, only the original name "Drive Temperature".

- When I connect to the server, not all sensors are populated with data, usually one stays as "loading"

- For those who did initially receive sensor data, the data is never refreshed. I need to go back to the server list, connect again, to see updated values. I changed the refresh-time in the transmitter from 1s to 5s, but it has no effect.

My setup:
- Router with TCP 8881 redirecting to my server with Windows Firewall off (also router firewall off)
- I connect to the server via external No-IP URL

When I test with the external server IP directly or use an internal 192.168.x IP, the problem is the same. On app start not all sensor data is loaded, and those who are loaded are not refreshed.

System Details
Transmitter 1.1.a, Windows Sever 2016
HwR App 1.51
Samsung S7, Android 7.0, Security Patch Jan 1 2017

Attachments

• Pix2.png
    Pix2.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2017-03-07 23.48.12.png
    2017-03-07 23.48.12.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 18
Pummelchen said:
Hello,

nice tool, thx for working on this ! :)

Some bugs ..

- I can see all sensors in the app but when I pick them to assign them, I see the original sensor names. In HWInfo I did rename all sensors, like "Drive Temperature" is now SSD, but I cannot see SSD in the App, only the original name "Drive Temperature".

- When I connect to the server, not all sensors are populated with data, usually one stays as "loading"

- For those who did initially receive sensor data, the data is never refreshed. I need to go back to the server list, connect again, to see updated values. I changed the refresh-time in the transmitter from 1s to 5s, but it has no effect.

My setup:
- Router with TCP 8881 redirecting to my server with Windows Firewall off (also router firewall off)
- I connect to the server via external No-IP URL

When I test with the external server IP directly or use an internal 192.168.x IP, the problem is the same. On app start not all sensor data is loaded, and those who are loaded are not refreshed.

System Details
Transmitter 1.1.a, Windows Sever 2016
HwR App 1.51
Samsung S7, Android 7.0, Security Patch Jan 1 2017

Thx for the reply, gonna check it out today. But looks strange to me... all sensors should refresh.
only if you pic one sensor twice the second one does not refresh atm...

About the renaming thing... i already recieved this info and need to check this first.

Gonna reply later :)

Okay checked a few things.

Plan for the next few days:

Desktop app will get an update with following features:
-updater (so i don't have to tell everybody to update when changes come...)
-a few internal improvements and additions to address the renaming issue and min max values

Android app:
- will look into the "not recieving readings" bug...

Would like to report the sensors not refreshing bug.

Phone is Samsung S4 Mini running Nougat 7.1.1 (AOKP & LineageOS), the app is from the Google Play.

Would be nice to have as layout options: number of sensors setting per screen (with scroll through windows in case not all fit on one screen). Sensors should take up the available space. For example: 3 sensors per screen, each scaled at 33.3%.

For the desktop app would be nice to hide the window on close.

i uploaded a few days ago a version that might fix the not refreshing bug and also added an auto update feature for the desktop app on start.
(so both needs to be updated)

more soon

Hello Pappschachtel,

saw the update some days ago, many thanks ! :) The values do update now, this is very cool and extremely useful for remote server monitoring. Great job !

Pummelchen

hey, thx for the response,
got a question: does the desktop app crashes from time to time for anybody ?

i get a random crash but atm i am not sure if it is only my machine behaving crazy ... i am already searching for the possible cause of the problem but no luck so far ...

Edit:

updated desktop app: added minimize to tray + possible crash fix (just restart the version from 4.4.2017 and it will update automagically)

Good Morning,

I just updated the Transmitter to 1.2.1.8 which has the minimize feature. There was no auto-update.

The mobile app did work with the previous transmitter version which had no minimize. So now, the mobile app does not update the sensors anymore. Pix attached.
I can see the app connecting in the transmitter IP field.

Good Morning,

I just updated the Transmitter to 1.2.1.8 which has the minimize feature. There was no auto-update.

The mobile app did work with the previous transmitter version which had no minimize. So now, the mobile app does not update the sensors anymore. Pix attached.
I can see the app connecting in the transmitter IP field. 

http://oi64.tinypic.com/14bkp09.jpg

PS: I get forum errors doing posts and uploads ..

Thanks for the update.
What kind of errors are you getting? Please note that if you want to embed some external pictures, they need to be secure (https).

Thanks, works to create new sensors ! Sometimes there is a "connection lost" message which should be suppressed and the app should try itself several times to reconnect without a warning. Only if the connection failed for x minutes (3-5 ?) there should be a warning. Maybe make this a user setting.

Edit: It would be good to have an indicator is the connection to the servers is ok, like a green color of the server IP and red color of the IP if the connection failed ..

Back