i9 9900 Prime95 test results

gokhansnbl

Hi, today i tested i9 9900 cpu in prime95. I used "Torture" setting and started testing. At first 2-3 seconds, cpu went up to 100 degrees. Then, it went down to 55-56 degrees in seconds. Through the test, cpu temp was always about 55-60 and 3ghz . I'm using Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO as cpu cooler. After this test, cpu started heating up easily in games. Do you think did this test damage cpu?
i've also checked cpu with Intel Diagnostic Tool after the test. it says no problem with cpu.
Thanks for helps in advance
hwinfo result below during the test:

Attachments

• prime95.png
    prime95.png
    53 KB · Views: 9
It's extremely unlikely that the CPU would be damaged. I'd rather check the thermal paste, cooler and it's mounting.

It's extremely unlikely that the CPU would be damaged. I'd rather check the thermal paste, cooler and it's mounting.
Thanks for replying. I will check mounting and thermal paste. I used Arctic MX-4 as thermal paste. Is it enough for i9 ? Secondly, in my screenshot there are "yes" for core 2 thermal throttling and core 4 thermal throttling. What does that mean?

It means that those core temps had reached the throttle limit (Tj is 100C). What did you expect at 100C? The water boils at 100C.
If I remember correctly i9 9900 has a base speed of 3.1GHz and that is the low power state (PL1 = 65Watt). When doing PL2 it’s probably over 100W. If mounting of cooler is ok, then you must consider a better cooler and maybe better case air flow.

It means that those core temps had reached the throttle limit (Tj is 100C). What did you expect at 100C? The water boils at 100C.
If I remember correctly i9 9900 has a base speed of 3.1GHz and that is the low power state (PL1 = 65Watt). When doing PL2 it’s probably over 100W. If mounting of cooler is ok, then you must consider a better cooler and maybe better case air flow.
when my pc is stand-by, cpu temps is 34-35 degrees. As an example, in battlefield 1 with ultra settings, cpu temps is always below 70 degrees. I don't think there's no problem with mounting or installation of cpu cooler. I just have one case fan for evacuation. This might be problem.Also, cpu fan works at low rpm when temps is below 50 degrees. When i started test, it suddenly increased maybe. Thanks for helps. Is there program that you can suggest for me to test cpu to check if there's problem in cpu?

Well just one case fan as exhaust is below minimum for a modern 100+W CPU system. You should have at least 1 more fan as intake if not 2. I would consider as minimum 2 fans as intake + 1 fan as exhaust for i9 9900. On most scenarios it’s best to have more fans as intake than exhaust.

Well just one case fan as exhaust is below minimum for a modern 100+W CPU system. You should have at least 1 more fan as intake if not 2. I would consider as minimum 2 fans as intake + 1 fan as exhaust for i9 9900. On most scenarios it’s best to have more fans as intake than exhaust.
i have 3 fan as intake and 1 fan as exhaust

Back