incorrect rendering w/ different system locale

Ajax

hi,

Hwinfo32 view "System Summary" and "Sensor Status" window incorrectly when system locale is set to "Arabic(any country)" as shown..
[attachment=0]

although it view them correctly when system locale is set to "English".

and because i'm from Egypt, i need to set system locale to "Arabic" for some apps to work properly

thx,
Ajax

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 1,290
السلام عليكم

is the window size the biggest problem in that case (due to the large font used), or the few special characters that translate to different symbols?
I'm not sure if the screenshot you attached shows the whole screen and window size..

Martin said:
السلام عليكم

is the window size the biggest problem in that case (due to the large font used), or the few special characters that translate to different symbols?
I'm not sure if the screenshot you attached shows the whole screen and window size..

و عليكم السلام :D

it's both (font size and window size) that make some info and buttons to be not shown.

and it's FULL screenshot as u can see the taskbar (screen resolution = 1366 x 768)

Ajax

Large fonts is a Windows feature and HWiNFO32 doesn't use its own font size, so it follows the setting in Windows + Themes. There are users that want this feature, so I don't want to force my own styles. Is it possible to decrease the Windows font size in your Arabic environment?

no..it's not possible to decrease font size as it's already @ 100% and windows doesn't allow lower than this.

i think the problem is that ur app doesn't use Unicode....maybe

all apps works well with us except non-Unicode apps (which act like urs!)

btw i do this for good.

thx,
Ajax

It's true that HWiNFO32 is not an UNICODE application, but I can't imagine how UNICODE could have influence of font/window size. Not being UNICODE causes those few characters not to display properly.
I think the large window/font size is something different. The font I'm using in HWiNFO32 is Verdana (size 7), but the one I see on the screenshot looks like Arial (and larger, maybe 10 + Bold). So the font seems to be changed somehow.. I don't know how this could happen or how to fix it since I don't have much experience with such environments. Do you have any idea? Is the Verdana font present on your machine for Arabic environment?
How does the main window (tree + list) look there ?

first, verdana does not support arabic (if u apply verdana on arabic script it will fall back to Arial)

here's the screenshots u requested:

main window (tree + list) w/ Arabic locale
[attachment=1]

it works perfect w/ English locale
[attachment=0]

can u -please- compile a Unicode test version of ur program to test it in my Arabic environment ??

btw, in welcome screen ur name is written "Martin Mal?k"! <----unicode??

-Ajax

Attachments

• main.JPG
    main.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 1,281
  • main_eng.JPG
    main_eng.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,281
To recompile the whole HWiNFO32 in Unicode is not an easy task. That would take several weeks of development and testing.
But now we know what's the problem of the window/font size - it's the Verdana font I'm using and the GUI behaves the same as you described (falls back to Arial). It would be much easier if there would be some Verdana version with Arabic support. I have tried to search the web, but haven't found such.. Do you know if such version might be available?

hi,
first,thx for the HP EC sensors , i tried every sensor prog. and none worked....and YOU made it :D

so i was busy lately i couldn't reply..

for Verdana font, i did searched for an arabic (support) version of it and didn't find any .

i suggest that if (condition) the prog run in an arabic environment then use (......) font

if u need me to test or anything, PLEASE DO contact me

btw i'm CS grad.

bye

i'm now running hwinfo32 v3.61-997 and i have the same problem

any news?

help needed?

plz keep me updated, at least PM me..

Back