INTEL NVME SHOWING UP AS ATA

Dasboot

Can anyone help with what is occurring with this M.2 drive?
The drive is supposed to be a NVME drive but a red x is show in HWinfo 64.
see images: attached.
Is it that a Intel NVME driver must be loaded overriding the Microsoft default driver???

Attachments

• NVME INTEL SHOWN AS ATA.JPG
    NVME INTEL SHOWN AS ATA.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
  • INTEL DRIVE INFO.JPG
    INTEL DRIVE INFO.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
The ATA device is just a duplication of the above NVMe device, that's errorneously shown by HWiNFO. If you can attach here the HWiNFO Debug File, I'll look into how to fix this.
The red X shown on the NVMe device indicates that there's some problem with health of the device. For more details check the appropriate section under Drives to see which parameter is reporting this problem.

[attachment=2091]
Martin said:
The ATA device is just a duplication of the above NVMe device, that's erroneously shown by HWiNFO. If you can attach here the HWiNFO Debug File, I'll look into how to fix this.
The red X shown on the NVMe device indicates that there's some problem with health of the device. For more details check the appropriate section under Drives to see which parameter is reporting this problem.

Here are the reports Martin.
I am calling Intel to find out what NVMe driver (Intel if it exists or 1607 default driver) should be used and how to install it.
Currently it is using the default MS driver not Intel.
This drive is brand new as is the install.

Attachments

• NVMe driver loaded.JPG
    NVMe driver loaded.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    969.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DESKTOP-C222Q8B.HTM
    158 KB · Views: 1
I think the default driver you're using is OK.
HWiNFO shows the red cross, because the drive has experienced an unrecovered data integrity error:
Media Errors: 1

I spoke to Intel and the default MS driver is the only driver for this drive.
The Intel toolbar shows no integrity errors. Perfect Health.
Is the Media error warning clear-able?

I don't think it's clear-able.
I will reconsider reporting of this error, as it seems that it's not so critical as I originally thought.

Back