Issue with RTSS OSD

Darkje

Hi,

I'm using MSI-Afterburner (4.3 final) RTSS (6.6.0) and HWiNFO64(5.47.3105) on w10.

I've been using this combination to get a nice OSD showing FPS(from afterburner) and some stats from HWiNFO (GPU:  Temp, Load, Clock, VRam used, CPU: Temp, Load, RAM: Used, Free) through RTSS. All programs automatically startup with windows.

This used to work fine, but the last couple of weeks HWiNFO numbers stopped showing up in the OSD after boot. Every boot I have go in sensors/configure/OSD(RTSS and toggle one item from on to off and back before all of them show again.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and reconfigured all 3 programs, even did a clean install of w10 but the issue remains.

Did I mess up, missed something or Am I doing something wrong? Or did a bug creep in either with the latest RTSS or HWiNFO versions?

Regards, Darkje

I'm not sure what exactly happened, but if you start HWiNFO with Windows, please try to close it and then start again manually. Will that help to show on OSD without the need to change sensor settings in HWiNFO ?

Martin said:
I'm not sure what exactly happened, but if you start HWiNFO with Windows, please try to close it and then start again manually. Will that help to show on OSD without the need to change sensor settings in HWiNFO ?

Yeah I should have mentioned I tried that too, but no it still doesn't work then, I must toggle one item in the sensors/configure/OSD(RTSS) settings before they appear.

Once you toggle an entry and it works, what happens when you close HWiNFO and start it again? Will it then again require toggling, or does it work until next reboot ?

I uninstalled again, cleaned up register and user settings then did a reinstall and set it up again and the problem disappeared. I still don't know what went wrong but at least it's working again. Sorry for wasting your time ;) I must have had some setting wrong.

I'm having the exact same issue and my overlay took a long time to configure, so i really don't want to do it again.

It's impossible to get the overlay to show up unless i change the toggle overlay button within HWINFO RTSS tab. Restarting HWINFO or RTSS does not seem to work. I have to change the toggle button on each Windows boot to get my overlay working again.

Which exact toggle button is it that you need to click, the "Show value in OSD" ?

F8. Changing it to F7 works temporarily, then i can't select F8 again unless i leave that screen and come back.

This is something different then - your problem seems to be the hotkey. I guess the issue is that something else in the system claims your hotkey as well. Try to define a different combination.

Back