Laptop throttle

LiranS

Hey ,
While playing demanding games my system throttles every 2-5 minutes , I got the Asus g14 2021 model (5900hs + 3060)

here is the hwinfo sensors status

HTC and PROCHTO EXT are marked as yes , and while its on yes the cpu+gpu frequency drops to less than 1k both .. the fps in games drops from normal to ~10fps for like 10 seconds , but the temps aren’t that high.

whats does that mean , how can i fix it? Ty

This throttling doesn't seem to be triggered by the CPU but an external component (via PROCHOT EXT). It could be anything else in the system, in many cases also a case temperature sensor to ensure an acceptable case/skin temperature. This is by design so you should contact your laptop vendor.

This throttling doesn't seem to be triggered by the CPU but an external component (via PROCHOT EXT). It could be anything else in the system, in many cases also a case temperature sensor to ensure an acceptable case/skin temperature. This is by design so you should contact your laptop vendor.
This laptop isn’t under warranty anymore , will cooling pad make any difference ( currently using a stand ) , anything else I can do?

I don't think so, rather by design. Many laptops due to reduced dimensions and space constraints are unable to provide sufficient heat dissipation so throttling is quite common there.

I don't think so, rather by design. Many laptops due to reduced dimensions and space constraints are unable to provide sufficient heat dissipation so throttling is quite common there.
Thanks for all the help , last question, is it possible/safe to disable the prochot trigger with some software?

Back