LogViewer for HWINFO is available !

Great tool, thanks for it!

But I have a trouble saving setup to a file. I will get the error "Culture is not supported. Parameter name: name en-EN is an invalid culture identifier." (translated to english) when I do it on PC with Windows with foreign language - in my case cs-CZ.

The config file will not be saved.

Last edited:
New Version 5.4

Hi all, I built a version 5.4 with the following new features:
  • "Reload file" button can be configured to display only the "last x minutes"
  • after clicking "Reload file" button, Y-axis scale of Timeline-diagrams moves to the right side, because there are the "more interesting/latest values"
How to configure display only the "last x minutes":
  1. Click on "Edit" button (in main-window near filename)
  2. Configure a "last minutes" value
  3. Click "Apply"

LastMinutes.png

Best regards
Tom

Download - GenericLogViewer - Version 5.4

Wow! I download Generic Log Viewer to troubleshoot my intermittent black screen issues from a hwinfo log file I had running during last occurrence.

First time I run Generic Log viewer .exe it temp black screens my monitor then recovers. I click off X box to resart.

Second time I run it black screens my monitor for so long computer re-boots... Ironically I am unable to use Generic Log Viewer without crashing my PC...

It never crashed before just very intermittent black screens and auto recovers without shut down.

Hard to imagine how an application could cause such a black screen... This must be triggering some other issue in the system, might be some problem with GPU drivers.

Thank you for your work and this software. However, for me, it shows up wrong values. I've done a couple of logging examples as well as re-downloaded the software. Just take a look at 3 of them; +12V, +5V, and +3,3V. The power supply or whole PC would burn/explode if these values were correct. Or it may be HWiNFO not properly logging them? This software isn't perfect and isn't glitch-free, and maybe this is the problem, not the log viewer itself.

May I suggest text/layout scaling implementation? I'm using 27 inches monitor at 1440p resolution with 100% scaling in Windows and for my personal taste, the text and interface is a bit too big.

Attachments

• HWiNFO sensor logging problem.png
    HWiNFO sensor logging problem.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
What values are shown in HWiNFO sensors screen are the ones you log correctly shown there?

Take a look at the attached picture for comparison. Values haven't been reset.

Attachments

• HWiNFO sensor logging problem.jpg
    HWiNFO sensor logging problem.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
Looks OK, so the problem is most likely in the log.. Perhaps the "Logging Separator (CSV):" setting?

Hi @don_dolarson

can you please upload the original logfile, that I can have a look at it (?) ...

It looks like that there is a column mismatch, e.g. "+5V [V]" curve (green) shows values of "+12V [V]".
Did you edit the original logfile manually ?

Or ... I think I know what was going on:
you changed the "number of columns to export/log, WITHOUT an additional complete restart of HWINFO" (?)
If you do that, you have "empty colums" (,,,,,,,) in the logfile. Please do a complete restart of HWINFO, after changing the configuration of "values which should be logged".
@Martin maybe you can fix "this issue" sometimes ?

Thanks & regards
Tom

Last edited:
Hi @don_dolarson

can you please upload the original logfile, that I can have a look at it (?) ...

It looks like that there is a column mismatch, e.g. "+5V [V]" curve (green) shows values of "+12V [V]".
Did you edit the original logfile manually ?

Or ... I think I know what was going on:
you changed the "number of columns to export/log, WITHOUT an additional complete restart of HWINFO" (?)
If you do that, you have "empty colums" (,,,,,,,) in the logfile. Please do a complete restart of HWINFO, after changing the configuration of "values which should be logged".
@Martin maybe you can fix "this issue" sometimes ?

Thanks & regards
Tom
I don't have that logfile anymore but I've just logged another one and the problem is still present. No, the logfile is untouched.
"I've reset all HWiNFO sensors a couple of days ago and just started to reorganize them yesterday" In addition to that, I've changed the names and colors of some, disabled a couple of sensors, and hid them.

Attachments

• HWiNFO_LOG_95899875.rar
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi @don_dolarson,

OK, I see some problems in the logfile. If I open the logfile with Excel (separator ","), I see missing "header & footer information" and "empty values":

Excel.png

... and the Generic Log Viewer shows the data as it's stored in the logfile (e.g. the "wrong 5 or 12 V values"):

Volt2.png

@don_dlarson: did you rename the "12V sensor" to "+5V" ?
@Martin: do you have a limit regarding "line size" in logfiles? The header line of the logfile from don_dolarson has 6'092 characters ...

So actually I can't see ANY ISSUE on Generic Log Viewer !

@don_dolarson:
Did you already try the "Simply Mode", which reduces e.g. font-size of the diagram controls? (tip: use "Tab"-key to switch between the modes).
See my YouTube - User Guide for more tips & tricks ...

Regards
Tom

Hi @TomWoB

Nope, I haven't renamed any of them. I've just created a new log file and the problem appears to be across all or most sensors, not only the 12 and 5V lines. I've watched couple of them in HWiNFO while logging and then checked logs right after logging has been stopped. I don't understand :oops: Maybe some HWiNFO setting is causing it? May you take a look on them? I can tell you that I haven't reset sensors to default by HWiNFO panel but closed the software and removed the Sensors inside of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\ registry key manually and then re-opened HWiNFO.

Attachments

• HWiNFO 1.jpg
    HWiNFO 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4
  • HWiNFO 2.jpg
    HWiNFO 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
  • HWiNFO 3.jpg
    HWiNFO 3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 5
  • HWiNFO 4.jpg
    HWiNFO 4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
  • HWiNFO 5.jpg
    HWiNFO 5.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3
It looks like the order of some sensors is shifted by 1 in the logfile and some of them seem not to be using the original name. So I'm not sure whether your registry action worked out.
I'd suggest to do a Reset Preferences from HWiNFO right after starting it and before opening the sensors window.

Back