oatism

Hello i am using a LSI MegaRAID 9266-8i card, with hard disk sentinel and it some how sees the drive temperatures. If there is anyway i can help to figure out what to set in either MegaRAID Storage Manager, or if you could use the info from Hard Disk Sentinel. I'd be more then happy to help, i'd just love to be able to see the drive temperature output via rainmeter.

Labeled output on the dock.
download.png

Thanks Oatism.

LSI uses a proprietary protocol to access such parameters and we are unable to support this directly.
There is a possibility to support it, but would require shipping HWiNFO with a couple of 3rd party libraries. I'm sorry, but this isn't something we're intending to do.
Maybe we could find a solution to implement this and the user would have to install the LSI libraries for enabling.

OK, so I prepared an initial test build for LSI MegaRAID.
As the first step, you will need to download the LSI MegaRAID support libraries package here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/LSI_lib.zip, and extract the appropriate files into your windows\system32 folder.
If your operating system is 64-bit, extract files from the x64 folder of that package to c:\windows\system32 (assuming this is your system32 folder).

Then please download the test Beta version of HWiNFO here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_627_4173.zip
Run this build and disable Sensor-only mode, as first we need to check if this will show drives connected to your controller.
Also make sure to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO per instructions here: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/read-this-before-submitting-a-report.241/
If HWiNFO will show the drives then you can also open the Sensors window to check if their SMART values along with temperature will show up.
After that, create a HTML Report File from the main menu, close HWiNFO and locate the HWiNFO64.DBG file in HWiNFO folder.
I'm really not sure if this will work as I didn't have a chance to test this on real hardware yet.
In either case, please attach the two files created (HTML Report + Debug File) here (you might need to compress them if they are too large), so I can analyze the details and see if/what needs to be fixed/improved.

Last edited:
ok, i was able to see the drive information, here is the attached files.
oatism.

Attachments

• computer.htm
    265.5 KB · Views: 6
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    910.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello Martin,

We are currently using 4 servers with RAID controllers and would like to read and log the Smart values with Hwinfo.
Is this feature going to be integrated into HWiNFO or can it be solved similarly to the previous case using support libraries and a beta version?
Two of the servers are equipped with AVAGO MR9460-8i (MegaRaid) drives and the other two with DELL PERC H330 Mini drives.
HD Sentinel can read the values without any issues.

Best regards.

This should be supported in the latest HWiNFO version when you apply the required libraries.

Those libraries are quite outdated and I haven't dealt with this for quite long time as well.
It's quite possible that those libraries might need an update. Can you perhaps see such libraries in your driver's package?

I cannot locate the libraries on the manufacturers' websites, but I found them in the installation folder of Hard Disk Sentinel
storectrl.dll
storelib.dll
storelibdir.dll
storelib-2.dll
I copied these libraries to System32 and restarted HWiNFO in both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions.
the RAID drives are still missing in HWiNFO 32/64.
How can I make sure that HWiNFO is also using these libraries?

I observed Hard Disk Sentinel using Process Explorer and noticed that storectrl.dll is called when the drive information is updated.

Attached are the debug and report files for 32 and 64 bit versions of HWiNFO.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO32.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • BIMDESASHV02-64.HTM
    357 KB · Views: 1
  • BIMDESASHV02-32.HTM
    395.1 KB · Views: 1
According to those dumps HWiNFO is unable to locate those DLL libraries. Have you copied them into the correct folder? 32-bit versions will need to go into the SysWOW64 folder on a 64-bit system but that should not be needed for HWiNFO64 and native 64-bit libraries. On a 64-bit system, x64 libraries need to go into system32.

I have the DLLs from C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel\lsi2
and copied them to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64
as seen in the screenshot.
And I started 32and 64-bit HWiNFO once, but the drives are still missing.
Last time, they were already present in C:\Windows\System32.

1682662237357.png

Unfortunately libraries in HD Sentinel are 32-bit only, so they won't work with 64-bit applications like HWiNFO64.
But HWiNFO32 doesn't seem find them either so something is not right here.
I'm trying to find latest 64-bit versions of those libraries, but no luck yet...

Hmm, looks like there were updates in the storelib interface/SDK that result in loss of backwards compatibility and we are missing the latest information.
I keep searching for more information about new storelib interface but no luck yet...

Back