MSI GT77 Fan Speed Monitoring

Just wanted to clarify, is it planned to add fan speed monitoring for this laptop model (MSI GT77)? In the previous post it was said that in the next updates this feature will be added for the MSI GE67HX model (here https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/msi-laptops-fan-speed-monitoring.8603/#post-38002 ), as well as in the "upcoming changes" on website. Could you add monitoring for GT 77 as well, please?

P.S. the GT77 has 4 fans

Attached the debug file below if needed!

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
That's because fans not spinning won't be shown. Please make sure that all your fans are spinning and make a new Debug File. You'll probably see only 2 of them now but then I can check how to find the others.

That's because fans not spinning won't be shown. Please make sure that all your fans are spinning and make a new Debug File. You'll probably see only 2 of them now but then I can check how to find the others.
Oh, sure, it shows 2 fans nowtest.png

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    136.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, that was almost perfect :) Unfortunately I can see that you started HWiNFO64 when only 1 fan was spinning. Please repeat the procedure and make sure all fans are spinning prior to starting HWiNFO.

Thanks, that was almost perfect :) Unfortunately I can see that you started HWiNFO64 when only 1 fan was spinning. Please repeat the procedure and make sure all fans are spinning prior to starting HWiNFO.
Aha, understood

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Well, Fan 1 is a CPU fan and Fan 2 is a GPU fan but I can't speed up the other two fans even in MSI Center, it only gives me the opportunity to maximize the speed of Fan 1 and 2. I think the only way to activate the other two is turning on the Cooler Boost but these fans are activating almost at the same time so the sensors can't poll them that fast (even if I change the polling speed). Maybe the game experience could clarify that because these 2 fans could be activated separately while gaming if needed (I mean the system itself identifies when it's hot enough to turn on one of these additional fans). But anyway, thank you so much for the help, gonna wait for the next stable version to make the tests with these new sensors :)

Thanks for your feedback. I will leave the fan names as they are now and all further releases will carry support of this model.

I also wanted to find out about the GPU memory temperature sensors. The fact is that a laptop from XMG with 4090 was shown and tested at CES 2023 (here is the video
). I also attached a screenshot below, where you can see the temperature of the GPU memory. Yes, I understand that this sensor can be displayed independently if NVIDIA or the BIOS allows/supports the display of this sensor, but the strangeness is that the GPU memory on this chip remained GDDR6 as on the last generation 3080, but the same laptop model with 3080 did not have such a temp sensor. Is it possible to somehow force this sensor to be displayed on my GPU, or is it impossible without a special video chip firmware?
sc.png

I'm sorry but if you don't see this value in HWiNFO then it's not possible to retrieve it. HWiNFO is doing everything it can to read the GPU Memory Junction Temperature.

I'm sorry but if you don't see this value in HWiNFO then it's not possible to retrieve it. HWiNFO is doing everything it can to read the GPU Memory Junction Temperature.
Oh, sad. But what do these sensors depend on? From NVIDIA drivers? Is it possible that if NVIDIA releases some new driver for GPUs in the future, it will be possible to see this sensor? Or is there built-in firmware from the factory in the GPU memory and no one except the GPU memory manufacturer can affect the display of these sensors?

Yes, this entire functionality is strictly confidential by NVIDIA and they won't provide any details nor any support for it.

Back