MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON - 'Motherboard' temperature equal 'System'?

buccimoni

The motherboard's temperature display seems to be different from the temperature read by MSI Command Center.
'Motherboard' and 'System' show the same value, but can't get it properly on this motherboard?

I'm sorry if the attached screenshot is hard to see in a Japanese environment.

Attachments

• x370gps_sensor.png
    x370gps_sensor.png
    472 KB · Views: 12
Update:
MSI tested this, but they cannot see any difference between CC and HWiNFO reported System temperatures. They are same.
Is the difference you see always the same (4 C) or does it change ?

Martin said:
Update:
MSI tested this, but they cannot see any difference between CC and HWiNFO reported System temperatures. They are same.
Is the difference you see always the same (4 C) or does it change ?
Thank you for confirmed.
The displayed values of CC and HWiNFO64 still differ in this environment.
When loading is applied, the temperature of 'Motherboard' will also rise sharply in synchronization with 'System' and the difference with CC will become large.
(I do not know what the temperature actually indicates when HWiNFO64's System is X370 GPC)

Attachments

• x370gps_sensor_0316.png
    x370gps_sensor_0316.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 7
When you apply load on CPU, do the System/Motherboard values in HWiNFO rise at a rate similar to CPU temperature or slower?

Martin said:
When you apply load on CPU, do the System/Motherboard values in HWiNFO rise at a rate similar to CPU temperature or slower?
The CPU rapidly rises in temperature.
However, Motherboard and System will rise gradually.

Attachments

• x370gps_sensor_0316_2.png
    x370gps_sensor_0316_2.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the tests. How does the MSI CC value change under load?
I'm trying to figure out whether the values reported by HWiNFO might be the true system temperature and MSI is wrong or vice versa.
Best would be if you could apply some hot or cold air on the mainboard and watch how all values behave.

Martin said:
Thanks for the tests. How does the MSI CC value change under load?
I'm trying to figure out whether the values reported by HWiNFO might be the true system temperature and MSI is wrong or vice versa.
Best would be if you could apply some hot or cold air on the mainboard and watch how all values behave.

I did some tests using a hair dryer.

When I applied warm air to "the location where there is an indication of the motherboard temperature" in CC, the temperature displayed in CC rose gradually.

[attachment=3340]

[attachment=3341]

At this time, there was no change in the temperature of HWiNFO's Motherboard and System.
Next, when warm air was applied around the CPU on the motherboard, the System and Motherboard temperatures on the HWiNFO rose very slowly.

Since the warm air was interrupted by the graphic card, the motherboard temperature on CC and the Motherboard temperature of HWiNFO did not interfere with each other.

Although there is no relation with this, there was a discovery that when cold wind was applied to the position of the X370 chipset, AUXTIN2 had fallen and this may probably be the chipset temperature :)

Attachments

• x370gps_sensor_0317_hotair2mb_pict.jpg
    x370gps_sensor_0317_hotair2mb_pict.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 10
  • x370gps_sensor_0317_hotair2mb.png
    x370gps_sensor_0317_hotair2mb.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 10
Martin said:
Thanks for the detailed results.
Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_603_3703.zip
if you get other values now.

Thank you for your prompt response
After trying out the new beta program, HWiNFO's Motherboard temperature display is identical to CC, and it is a temperature display independent of 'System'.

[attachment=3342]

After that, I measured the temperature on the motherboard with a non-contact thermometer, but because it was close to the temperature display of CC, I thought that the temperature displayed by the program of the new build was the correct one.

Thank you very much for your kind response. I am very happy.

Attachments

• x370gpc_0317_test_3703.png
    x370gpc_0317_test_3703.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 6
Thank you too for your extensive tests and reports! It helped me a lot to determine the issue.

Back