No vrout on Z790 AORUS MASTER

Currently we don't know how to access the VRM on those series. I will check with GIGABYTE if this is possible.

I'm currently working on adding VRM monitoring on GIGABYTE Z790 series but this task is a bit complicated and needs several test runs.
Would you be willing to perform several runs with test builds and provide results (Debug Files) back?

I'm currently working on adding VRM monitoring on GIGABYTE Z790 series but this task is a bit complicated and needs several test runs.
Would you be willing to perform several runs with test builds and provide results (Debug Files) back?
I currently had to rma the Board due to a dead ram slot

Hello,
Sorry to bring back to life such an old thread but, did you ever had the chance to check if it is actually possible to get a vrout reading from z790 aorus master?

Hello,
Sorry to bring back to life such an old thread but, did you ever had the chance to check if it is actually possible to get a vrout reading from z790 aorus master?

It's possible but (for some unknown reasons) it works on some boards and on some others the VRM doesn't respond.

Oh I see.

In case there is still interest, I can provide you any logs/troubleshoot you might need.
I have an z790 aorus master v1.0 with 13900k.

Any logs are useful, the Debug File is most. There I can also check how the VRM behaves on your system.

here you go.

*Sorry, I had to zip the .dbg file as it was 4mb and it exceed the attach limit.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    398.5 KB · Views: 2
I see.
If you want me to try something/troubleshoot or anything let me know.
Or it is what it is?

*Just an info, this is the second 790 master board that I have had my hands on and I don't see vrm info.

Can we get this on Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 you said you where going to look into it about a year ago
i can ofc provide logs

1694647474247.png

So,
After messing around a bit, apparently in order for hwinfo to grant access to the vr, the Gigabyte EasyTuneEngineService AND the Gigabyte Control Center app must have already been started/running.

@Martin
Is there any chance for hwinfo to have access to the vr without the need of those?
As far as i remember with the Z390 Aorus Master there was no need for any GB software to have access to the vr controller.

Last edited:
Back