On Board Memory Allocation

Cmp_Cmndo

1GB is allocated in the BIOS, HWiNFO reports 3GB. Windows 10 Task Manager indicates 1GB allocated to VRAM.
The motherboard name is also slightly incorrect GIGABYTE Z77P-D3 instead of GIGABYTE GA-Z77P-D3
FYI: This motherboard is an identical replacement for the previous one I reported on, which failed.

Gigabyte GA Z77P-D3.jpg

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    513.5 KB · Views: 1
Mainboard name comes from the BIOS, it's shown as it provides is.
As for the IGPU, try to upgrade the drivers. It's a bit odd as the Video BIOS seems to belong to Sandy Bridge rather than Ivy Bridge family...

Drivers are updated to latest provided by Intel to Microsoft.
2020-05-06_083220.jpg
2020-05-06_084348.jpg
This motherboard is compatible with Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge CPU's which could explain the oddity.

Last edited:
Could you please export contents of the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{4ADA1FCE-86DA-11EA-9481-8F0501D2B5C2}\0000
You might need to compress the REG file (ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc.) before attaching it here.

Exported key is only 62k but only certain attachments are allowed, i.e. zip, etc.
HWiNFO main page does show the full motherboard ID, i.e. the "GA" prefix.
2020-05-06_093926.jpg

Attachments

• Export Reg Key.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
The name with "GA-" prefix is the computer description set in the operating system.
Per registry the graphics driver says it's using 3GB memory and I wasn't able to find how to determine the information about dedicated memory shown above :(

Back