OSD in MPC-HC

KeepCool

I'm using HWiNFO64 and MSIAfterburner to monitor games
Can I use this utility to monitor OSD in MPC-HC..??
I need to know if hardware acceleration is kicking in MPC-HC when I play movies

Also it is possible to keep changes in "show graph" windows...??
I need to set up each one of then every-time I open HWiNFO
EX: color. max, etc.
Thanks.

I'm not sure if MSI Afterburner can display OSD in MPC-HC. Try and you'll see, or ask the question in MSI forums.
If it doesn't you can enable logging in HWiNFO and after the session check the log file.

If you leave the graphs open and close HWiNFO, their properties will be kept. Also make sure to use the latest build of HWiNFO which improves this. Color for each graph can be specified via Configure - it's the same color which is used to display tray icons and this value is saved.

Please check the newly released v4.11-1844 Beta. I have improved the graphs a bit ;)

Martin said:
Please check the newly released v4.11-1844 Beta. I have improved the graphs a bit ;)
Yes you right...:D a bit...?? awesome change...!!
I was using v4.10-1820 in windows 8 an it wasn't keeping the windows changes but this one does.
I'm using a HD4870 in CFx but now this version doesn't detect "GPU utilization" on both of my carts all other are OK.
I'm using it with "MSI On-Screen Display server v4.5.0" ONLY
I took out from MSIafterburner. and D3DOverrider v2.0.1 when I need
BMCwcQ9.png

Thanks for your feedback :)
Does it mean that the GPU Utilization is always 0 even under high GPU load?
I have changed the way how GPU Utilization is calculated recently, so it seems it doesn't work for older GPUs. I'll check and update this...

OK something bizarre here
First... as you know I was using v4.10-1820 (.exe x64) I uninstalled it before to use the beta version v4.11-1844 (.zip)
I didn't need to setup this beta version (surprise) it took somewhere the remands of the v4.10-1820 (.exe) uninstalled version, same for this new beta version (1845.zip) The "GPU utilization" ONLY doesn't work in both of then "yes under heavy load"
Then I installed again the v4.10-1820 (.exe) doesn't need set up... and now it doesn't work (GPU Utilization) either....

Can you please attach a Debug File of the latest Beta (1845) under load, so I can check that?
Also, there's no need to install the portable/beta builds. They work straight after unpacking and don't use any remands of previous versions.

Martin said:
Can you please attach a Debug File of the latest Beta (1845) under load, so I can check that?

Do you mean >.CSV file (elaborate please)

Martin said:
Also, there's no need to install the portable/beta builds. They work straight after unpacking and don't use any remands of previous versions.

I know just I don't understand why I don't need to setup it again...:D

I have checked all data and HWiNFO seems to report all correct based on the data it receives either from the GPU or from its driver.
Could you try to upgrade the GPU driver to the latest Catalyst version to see if that maybe changes something?

OK some good news
after reading this thread
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Solved-0-GPU-Utilization
I did a search in my Windows 8 for "HWinfo" and delete everything found in it even some .sys related
Then I launched GPU-Z in log mode and I saw everything was working OK..
Then reloaded the file in post #6 Launched it and everything is working fine. like GPU-Z fixed something
I think the order to launch HWinfo, D3DOverrider v2.0.1, MSI On-Screen Display server v4.5.0, Origin and ME3 is messing with something.
Often after I launch ME3 it closes HWinfo unexpectedly.
This driver is the best for my "legacy" cart, I have good IQ and performance with it, latest Catalyst are optimized for new hardware only that is way I'm using it. Continuous to testing but for now everything is OK.
Thanks..

Hello martin...!!
You know... I'm using HWiNFO64 and MSI On-Screen Display server v4.5.0 ONLY for my monitoring needs
I don't see the need to install the complete version of MSIafterburner however I miss the FPS monitor GRAPH
There is any way to implement this Graph in HWiNFO from the "own statistics" function of the MSI On-Screen Display server...??
I mean... we get HWiNFO to the OSD/Statistics Server support then from OSD/Statistics Server to HWiNFO graph for the FPS monitoring needs
Thanks..

I'm afraid, I don't know of any way how to read the FPS counter from OSD and there are currently no plans to implement such counter on my own in HWiNFO.

There aren't s a lot of utility's able to monitor CPU"s and GPU's a the same time
If HWiNFO would be able to monitor (Graph) FPS too il will be a complete set of monitor utility for a lot people.
Thanks tought

Maybe sometime in the future, but currently I don't have the knowledge how to do that. Such feature is quite different from the HWiNFO scope anyway...

UPDATE:
I think it might be possible to pull FPS values from FRAPS and display them. Would such a feature be useful?

Martin said:
UPDATE:
I think it might be possible to pull FPS values from FRAPS and display them. Would such a feature be useful?

The idea is not to have a lot of utilities running in the background it take resources.
Rivatuner/MSIafterburner/precision has the same OSD server and it can easily be pulled out from there also is a tiny application it doesn't even need to be installed.

Have you seen how FPS is been display in those Rivatuner/MSIafterburner/precision..??
I mean "graph" like the graphs in your utility...!

Back