PC crashed, I want to log all CPU and GPU sensor information just as crash occurs.

Zyzz

Hi,

Have looked around for info on my question and cannot seem to find it. Apologies if it is already out there.

I simply want to save crash logs to file for viewing on system reboot. Recently while playing Battlefield 2042 my PC hard rebooted from the game screen. I want to be able to log all CPU, GPU and power sensor info if this crash happens again. Is there a way to do this? Maybe have a continuous save file that gets re-wrote continuously during use? Or simply a crash log save file that can be viewed post reboot. Check attached screenshot for system log.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

If someone has an idea why my PC might have crashed in the first place that would be great too.

Thanks!

PC Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING (06G-P4-2068)
Mobo: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)
Memory: Crucial Balistix BL8G32C16U4BL DDR4-3200 / PC4-25600 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM x2

Attachments

• System LOG.png
    System LOG.png
    50 KB · Views: 12
Open HWiNFO in sensor mode, then click the "Logging Start" button and specify a location to save the file to. Afterwards such a log can be analyzed (or rather the recorded sensor data can be put into graphs) with Generic Log Viewer.

Keep in mind that hard crashes might not leave enough time for the system to write anything. The saved file might even get corrupted when the crash occurs in the middle of writing something to disk.

Regards
Dalai

Back