Prometheus Adapter for HWiNFO (+ Grafana Dashboard)

@Kallex

I think the notification "Check HWiNFO Shared Memory setting" could be improved. I restarted my machine (but completely forgot) and for the world could not comprehend why i kept giving the notification. Until I opened the sensors window for the "first" time since restart. Since my machine has all the other services starting up automatically hidden. So perhaps adding to check the sensors window would be helpful.

Hello - I've got an issue with promdapter. At this time I'm attempting to use it as a tool for monitoring a system I'm validating. I've found during my validation (memory stress tests, CPU stress tests, Storage stress tests, etc) I get an error "semaphore failed" and I can't collect any stats on this. Is there anything that I can do to help prevent or mitigate this?

I've got the notification "Check HWiNFO Shared Memory setting" on VM WS2022
Where find HWiNFO Shared Memory setting in settings?

I find. Thanks. But, where grafana dashboard?
You're going to have to build that portion of it yourself. That's a whole different stack. You can import the dashboard from the example by copying and pasting the information from the JSON file in the main download.

I've moved a host that worked previously from windows 10 to windows 11 and now my DIMM temperatures don't show up any more in the promdapter output. I've double checked that my configs are the same between the two.

I've added the catchall as well to the end and no luck here.
Code:
- '(?<MetricName>.*)'

EDIT:

I didn't read far enough into the thread. it's in c:\programdata\ not c:\program files

Corsair iCue software and HWiNFO have issues together;

My own solution for monitoring Corsair product (PSU in my case) was not to use iCue for monitoring it at all. For AIO where you might need more controlling it might not be feasible case.

Do the sensors/readings appear OK in HWiNFO window? If they do, then it's just about configuring PromDapter properly.

Do you get any metrics out, just the Corsair AIO ones are missing?

The Prometheusmapping.yaml is confusing in the setup, because it installs "original default" under C:\Program Files - but that's not the one to edit. The proper one to edit is the one:

C:\ProgramData\PromDapter\Prometheusmapping.yaml

Can you double check that you edited the right one?

Last edited:
simple questions, i've installed all but i wanna use grafana on raspberry pi, i've run instance of grafana on rpi, i've imported the json dashboard, i've opened the port 10445 and i can reach it with the ip of my windows source, in Grafana in data sources i've to choose prometheous? and put which server? http://windows.local.ip:10445? because does not work

simple questions, i've installed all but i wanna use grafana on raspberry pi, i've run instance of grafana on rpi, i've imported the json dashboard, i've opened the port 10445 and i can reach it with the ip of my windows source, in Grafana in data sources i've to choose prometheous? and put which server? http://windows.local.ip:10445? because does not work

This isn't exactly a grafana forum - if you're looking for walkthroughs or details do some more digging. I've not done a grafana build on an rpi but to give you some basic pointers you'll have to do the following:

- install grafana on a host (this would be your pi)
- put hwinfo with promdapter on a host
- configure hwinfo appropriately (Shared memory)
- point grafana to a prometheus source (http://hwinfo.hosts.ip:10445) that source being your tareget machine
- then go build dashboards with the data.

earlier in the thread someone did put a bit more detail than this, but yea - this is the gist of it.

Back