Rainmeter Plugin Cannot Connect to Hwinfo

Hello, this looked like the right place to post about my issue. I want to use hwinfo to set up a rainmeter skin on my new installation of Windows 10 (because they removed gadgets :mad: ) and for some reason the plugin is not able to see that hwinfo is running.

Here is the specific error I get in the rainmeter log: 

"ERRO (00:00:00.078) : HWiNFO.dll: Could not connect to HWiNFO.  Please ensure HWiNFO is running, sensors are active, and shared memory is enabled."

When I try to run the memory viewer I get a similar error that says that it could not connect to hwinfo: 
05b9c7ed5b83a6f0fa9cd43bb33e380d.png

I have shared memory active, Hwinfo is running the dock, and I believe that sensors are running? (not sure how to check that)
d20057ec50371a308a7bfc5c359da4d5.png

Im not sure what is wrong but it could have something to do with Windows 10? I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10166. Intel i5 3570K, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, Primary Drive: SSD 120GB, Secondary Drive: HDD 1TB.

Rainmeter version is: 3.2.1 r2386 64-Bit
Hwinfo plugin version: 2.0.0.0

I don't think this is related to Windows 10, I have just tested it there and no issues.
Does the HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer report values ?

Which version of HWiNFO are you using? Is the HWiNFO sensors screen active?

My HWiNFO version is v4.64-2530 and as far as I can tell, the sensors are active. They report values and I have it set to update on a 1s interval.

Ok, I actually found my issue because of what you asked! I had no idea that the program didnt report sensor data when the sensor screen was not open, which is why it was saying I was not connected. I have it set up so that the sensors are always active in the dock now. Thank you for your help!

I see this is a very old post. would you mind telling me what you did to fix your issue? Thanks.
Open HWInfo Settings (in top right, Program > Settings).
Enable 'Show Sensors on Startup', 'Minimize Sensors on Startup', and 'Minimize Sensors instead of closing'.
Reload HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer and it should be reporting values now.

Attachments

• Sensor Settings.PNG
    Sensor Settings.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 42
I tried all the 3 versions of 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. But this issue is not solved. It is nowhere asking me or I am not seeing any option to allow the sensors and memory sharing. Please somebody help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-03 141551.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-03 141551.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 15
I tried all the 3 versions of 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. But this issue is not solved. It is nowhere asking me or I am not seeing any option to allow the sensors and memory sharing. Please somebody help me.

The option to enable Shared Memory Support is in HWiNFO main settings, not in the Shared Memory Viewer.

Where can I find these settings exactly.I have downloaded and installed hwinfo rainmeter plugin. Please help me

Run HWiNFO, press the Settings button. If you have it configured to start without the welcome screen and it's running in background, then right-click the HWiNFO icon in taskbar (tray) area -> Settings.

When I download HWiNFO 7, it's working fine. But I want to extract temperature ID for rainmeter, for which I downloaded the add-on. But for it HWiNFOsharedMemoryLocation is not showing anything as seen in the picture. Now I have both HWiNFO 7 and the add-on with the needed settings in HWiNFO. Whereas there is no option to play with the add-on version. If possible can you share screenshot

Back